Honored Contributor

Re: Should law enforcement/military be involved?

That's what the National Guard is for.

Arrests? No...but they can disperse people.

Law Enforcement has better things to do than move people around.

Honored Contributor

Yes, please.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I do...temporarily.  It makes me angry how people don't get the flu vaccine, get the flu, then irresponsibly spread it around thinking nothing of it.  Those who got the vaccine can still get the flu.  I had it twice after I received the vaccine...not exaggerating, I thought both times I was going to die.  

Some people fear a permanent "police state" and I do, as well.  I don't think that would be the case now, but it's quite possible in future years for reasons unrelated to a virus.  

Valued Contributor

Law enforcement should enforce the LAW.  The Constitution would have to be done away with for a LAW to dictate where you're allowed to be.  There are those who would like for that to happen.

Esteemed Contributor

@Maggie Nolia wrote:

Law enforcement should enforce the LAW.  The Constitution would have to be done away with for a LAW to dictate where you're allowed to be.  There are those who would like for that to happen.

And that is what scares me.

That, and the willingness of those who would go along with it.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Every state is different. Our governor just announced a stay at home order yesterday. But the list of exemptions is is long. 
He also stated that the police will not be enforcing this order. 

We have been encouraged to still get outside and exercise in groups of less than 10. And golf courses are still open. 

Esteemed Contributor

I don't know what the answer is to deal with the "Stupids."  As far as I'm concerned it's reckless endangerment.

I know it is not feasible, but I would love to see forced quarantine for the party crowd, the I have to go to church crowd (God is everywhere, not just a building), the willfully ignorant etc.

Personally I'd like to load transport planes with them and dump them and supplies on a deserted island.  At the end of a month or so if they are still alive and test negative they can come back with the society.

These people and their inability to do what's right, and follow orders, will keep us under stay at home orders until the cows come home.

Esteemed Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2 wrote:

I don't know what the answer is to deal with the "Stupids."  As far as I'm concerned it's reckless endangerment.

I know it is not feasible, but I would love to see forced quarantine for the party crowd, the I have to go to church crowd (God is everywhere, not just a building), the willfully ignorant etc.

Personally I'd like to load transport planes with them and dump them and supplies on a deserted island.  At the end of a month or so if they are still alive and test negative they can come back with the society.

These people and their inability to do what's right, and follow orders, will keep us under stay at home orders until the cows come home.

And that  is exactly  what people were saying when AIDS first came on scene.

Round them up and dump them on an island.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Trusted Contributor

Yes, they must be involved when it is a matter of Life and Death.

Wear a mask. Social distance. Be part of the solution - not part of the problem.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Is it possible to ticket these people, to enforce people  to obey ?

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.