Esteemed Contributor

Re: Should law enforcement/military be involved?

[ Edited ]

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@BrandiDavis wrote:

With regards to the pandemic going on and those who are just blatantly disregarding the request/order not to congregate do you think law enforcement/military should be getting involved to enforce this?

I absolutely do. If people don't have common sense and sadly there are MANY that don't, then those people should be FORCED to have it. JMO They are not just putting their life in danger, but mine as well. 

Your thoughts?

@BrandiDavis 

It's definitely necessary.  People are allowed to stay in the comfort of their own homes, with all their own belongings until this dangerous bug blows over. 

Endangering others' lives because they don't want to be told what to do BELONG in jail.  JMO

And just how are you going to ensure the adequate six foot distance from allllllllll of these people who you want to arrest, when you do out put them in jail? 

Afterall, there are only so many jail cells.

Can't have two inmates share a cell, that wouldn't be safe.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Honored Contributor

I don't see how using the military or law enforcement can be avoided. If idiotic people put themselves ahead of the health and safety of the public, put them in jail and keep the rest of us safer. Police are in their jobs to "protect and to serve". We need protection from those who ignore the orders from officials and insist on possibly infecting others.
Honored Contributor

@Anonymous032819 wrote:

@Maggie Nolia wrote:

Law enforcement should enforce the LAW.  The Constitution would have to be done away with for a LAW to dictate where you're allowed to be.  There are those who would like for that to happen.

And that is what scares me.

That, and the willingness of those who would go along with it.

We already have an attorney general who is asking SCOTUS to do away with the Constitution during the pandemic.  No matter what, that can't happen.  Given today's political situation, it would put our country in a perfect position to be taken over by a dictator.

Trusted Contributor

Gov. Sisolak has activated the National Guard for Nevada.

As each day passes I just do not know anymore what the right thing to do is.

I think that there are quite a few people who cannot or will not follow the stay at home orders.

It is really starting to take its toll on myself and I am sure many others who are following the orders and doing our best to help flatten the curve.    

Honored Contributor

@lenapecci wrote:

Gov. Sisolak has activated the National Guard for Nevada.

As each day passes I just do not know anymore what the right thing to do is.

I think that there are quite a few people who cannot or will not follow the stay at home orders.

It is really starting to take its toll on myself and I am sure many others who are following the orders and doing our best to help flatten the curve.    

@lenapecci 

This is a situation where we have to take it one day at  time ....  information is constantly updating and changing.