Valued Contributor

Re: Should law enforcement/military be involved?

@Carmie wrote:

I wonder how this is going to turn out.   This is scary!

450676E6-41BC-410A-A5C7-ED2BEE1FBBBD.jpeg

@Carmie  Wow, these people just get better and better. The sickening part is they are doing it in the name of the "Lord".

~ Hope in TN ~
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Tessa Mendoza wrote:

I wouldn't normally like that idea, but these are far from normal times.

I am at the point where I just don't care what happens to those who refuse to do the right thing to stop the spread of this, but I do care very much about the rest of us.

We should do whatever it takes to force the "I am free, I don't live in a police state" crowd to comply with what is asked of them at this time.  I simply can't believe the stories I am reading of the ignorant defiance going on.

@Tessa Mendoza - I agree with you - these ARE far from normal times.

We are in an area where many have lost their fight with this pandemic, and where more and more are in critical condition each day. The projected numbers are scary. 

Like a lot of you have said, we are trying to be careful, and there are people who just disregard the whole thing. Sure, but these unthinking people will spread it to so many others.

The scary thing is this virus lives in the air, on surfaces. We don't have the luxury of thinking just because we are not standing NEXT to someone we're safe. 

If it takes the local law authorities or National Guard to keep people in line, I'm all for it. Let's give everyone who knowingly disobeys hefty fines, and see how that goes. Smiley Mad

ETA: I hope the authorities show up to this pastor's idea of "Woodstock," and I'm glad he's not my pastor! I believe too that he should be arrested and fined for organizing this - IF he goes ahead with it. He should be given a warning not to proceed first by local authorities. 

Honored Contributor

I think if it comes to that I think whatever it takes to lessen the curve of this virus should be permitted.

I also think that some of the media encouraging people that this entire thing is being exaggerated...they should be told to stop. Although I guess we will continue to have the crowd claiming that it is freedom of the Press. I read last night there is a certain network where some hosts are telling people that this is just faux numbers being given and that people's "rights" are being violated. Sickening.

Honored Contributor

@Trinity11 wrote:

I think if it comes to that I think whatever it takes to lessen the curve of this virus should be permitted.

I also think that some of the media encouraging people that this entire thing is being exaggerated...they should be told to stop. Although I guess we will continue to have the crowd claiming that it is freedom of the Press. I read last night there is a certain network where some hosts are telling people that this is just faux numbers being given and that people's "rights" are being violated. Sickening.

@Trinity11 

There's Twitter chatter where lawsuits against this certain network

or to individual broadcasters could be coming down the road

after this has calmed down. Don't know how that would play out

but if that belief is so strong it causes death, they should be held

accountable. 

Honored Contributor

It would help if people stopped listening to the talking heads across the board.  ALL outlets have submitted incorrect information and have twisted words and statement.

Stay with the live reports from the reputable professionals and take it from there.  Stay informed with your local reports; where you live is important in terms of numbers, resources, and shelter-in-place orders.

The mean-spirited rehashing on all networks is seriously getting old.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

@sidsmom wrote:

@Trinity11 wrote:

@Trinity11 

There's Twitter chatter where lawsuits against this certain network

or to individual broadcasters could be coming down the road

after this has calmed down. Don't know how that would play out

but if that belief is so strong it causes death, they should be held

accountable. 

One guy who has his own show claimed it was no worse than the common cold and still refuses to believe the numbers @sidsmom . I happen to know some relatives who listen to this person agree with him and just last week bragged about some of their "activities." There is no fixing stupid, that's for sure.

Valued Contributor

Nope.  I am happy to see law enforcement act as an educating force and a humanitarian one.

Surely this pandemic is creating enough problems for our law enforcement officers without adding to their burden.

Honored Contributor

@BrandiDavis wrote:

@Carmie wrote:

I wonder how this is going to turn out.   This is scary!

450676E6-41BC-410A-A5C7-ED2BEE1FBBBD.jpeg

@Carmie  Wow, these people just get better and better. The sickening part is they are doing it in the name of the "Lord".

Yeah, they must be a big hurry to meet Jesus. This church is close to Pittsburgh ...I looked the pastor up.  He is a young man.  He and his wife have a pretty big operation.  He has a big following all over the country and wants his Easter Sunday service to include people from all over the US in protest of the stay at home policy.

He is planning to hold it outdoors.  I hope it rains all day with extreme thunder and lightening.

Honored Contributor

Maybe that tax shelter can keep them dry 

Honored Contributor

@BrandiDavis wrote:

With regards to the pandemic going on and those who are just blatantly disregarding the request/order not to congregate do you think law enforcement/military should be getting involved to enforce this?

I absolutely do. If people don't have common sense and sadly there are MANY that don't, then those people should be FORCED to have it. JMO They are not just putting their life in danger, but mine as well. 

Your thoughts?

@BrandiDavis 

It's definitely necessary.  People are allowed to stay in the comfort of their own homes, with all their own belongings until this dangerous bug blows over. 

Endangering others' lives because they don't want to be told what to do BELONG in jail.  JMO