Valued Contributor

Should law enforcement/military be involved?

With regards to the pandemic going on and those who are just blatantly disregarding the request/order not to congregate do you think law enforcement/military should be getting involved to enforce this?

I absolutely do. If people don't have common sense and sadly there are MANY that don't, then those people should be FORCED to have it. JMO They are not just putting their life in danger, but mine as well. 

Your thoughts?

~ Hope in TN ~
Super Contributor

Re: Should law enforcement/military be involved?

@BrandiDavis 

I live in Maryland.. we had been asked by our governor not to go out unless for essentials. People didn't listen. One person had a party for 60 people.(he is in jail now)  Another had a teen party.  So yesterday our governor made it an order yesterday. And yes, it will be policed by the police, and the National Guard.

Honored Contributor

@BrandiDavis 

Yes, I do, also. If people are disregarding laws and regulations, ordinanances -- whatever -- that affect the health and safety of others --- yes -- law enforcement should enter into the equation.  If you have no regard for your own health or safety, that's one thing, but when your actions are causing harm to many others, then that's something entirely different!  Totally ignorant and selfish.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Trusted Contributor

@BrandiDavis  100% It is needed at this point. I hate to say this but I think at this point this is no other choice.  

Looking at the pictures of NYC yesterday when the Navy ship arrived and so many people on top of each other in one of the hardest hit cities!

From Spring break, to the Church in Tampa Sunday, to the large wedding in NJ about a week ago, to large funeral in Louisana, to all the other idiots and their parties. All those who crowd beaches and parks. All of the people leaving NY to other states and not following the quarantine orders.

It will not stop until it is forced to stop. It should have happend in the beginning of March.

I wish there was another way for grocery shopping as well. Sunday was the first day I went out after 21 days. I put my mask and gloves on. And ventured into the supermarket. Never again until this is over. People were so close to one another. No gloves no masks, it was Chaos.  I was trying so hard to stay away from everyone.  

I had to leave.

Maybe the stores can limit the number of people going in.   

Honored Contributor

A Florida minister was arrested this week for holding services.  He said God will protect them.  They forgot that God also gave us the gifts of medical advances and experts.Y es, God will help us all.  But prayer and trust in God is a 2-way street. God expects us to participate, to act, and he'll work through us.  

Some people would rather listen to a man who plays a doctor on tv than actual medical experts.

Esteemed Contributor

No!

Unless you want to live in a police state and be like Communist China.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Esteemed Contributor

No

Esteemed Contributor

NO

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Honored Contributor

Yes. Whatever helps "flatten" or kill! the curve.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Esteemed Contributor

Reluctantly yes, LE should be used to enforce the rules in effect for each area.

Do I like the idea--no, but when my doctor reaches out and advises me to stay home as much as possible because if I get infected and develop pneumonia I likely would not survive due to underlying health issues I take the advice very seriously.

I not only feel that those hosting these gatherings should be held responsible I also think those attending should face consequences.

Your rights end where mine begin.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.