Esteemed Contributor

Should have never ordered from this company!

I could kick myself. I should have known better.

I ordered Kim Kardashians "new online only" Gardenia citrus perfume for my adult daughter as "one of" her Christmas gifts weeks ago, because A. She loves gardenia's and B. She watches the Kardashians for years and talks about them, says that they are misunderstood and are good people etc.

Well 13 days ago I got an email oh your shipments on the way with a Fed ex tracking number.

Every day since on Fed Ex tracking it says label printed and it doesn't move! So I called Fed Ex. They told me the vendor made the label is what it means BUT never sent them the product to ship yet and they can NOT contact the company!.

So I write to Kim's fragrance company email to inquire. The email came back. So then I did a search and wrote to her beauty site They wrote back and said we don't sell her perfume here and sent me a link to another email for JUST her perfume (at this point I am PO'd)

So, I email them (again) asking where my order is could they please let me know etc etc.

NOW, I get an email that said to sign up for their page. So I sign up JUST with my email (no personal information), and then on the page (which looks generic),  and it just has my note to them posted with a pending sign in the corner.

Still no answer from a human, no package, and they took the money out of the credit card the day I ordered (and it wasnt cheap!)

Now the credit card company is going to try to look into it.

On the other hand, I placed orders at Amazon, Target, Hot Topic, Forever 21, Dicks Sporting Goods, QVC. and more with NO problems!

(Thank you QVC for running a good business!)

But I order from Kardashian and I have a headache for 2 weeks! And wait till I tell my daughter after Christmas, I will let her know the Kardashians company stinks! lol.

And if I never get the order and it doesn't get straightened out and I dont get my money back, I am reporting Kims business to the Better Businesses Bureau and the CA state attorney generals office, because I don't like being bilked out of money! (Kim wont care but it will make me feel better doing so!).

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles
Respected Contributor

Re: Should have never ordered from this company!

She made 10 million dollars in 1 day when she launched this so I would guess they are trying to keep up with the orders. I don't think they expected to have so many orders and maybe backed up. I know you are excited to give your daughter this gift. I hope maybe you will get it soon. If you don't get it then maybe tell your daughter that you will reorder after the holidays and may have a better chance of getting it. Wish you luck!

Super Contributor

Could you have been on a counterfeit website?....I have heard the warnings on the news  in the last 2 weeks on these....They made it seem like it was prevalent and warning to be careful....crazy!.Your bank should refund you so you wont be out the money..

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Does not surprise me in the least that the Kardashians are involved in a sleazy business dealing.  Sleaze begets sleaze.  File a dispute with your credit card company.  It is illegal to charge a credit card for a order before that order is,shipped.

I do have one question though how did you place the order to,start with?  Phone, on the web?  

Valued Contributor

If you paid with a credit card you should be able to get your money back.  I had something similar happen to me, and I never received the product I ordered.  I called the credit card company.  They said to dispute the charge and write a letter to them saying I never received the product.  It took a few days, but as soon as they got the letter the credit card company gave me my money back and went after the company.  Good luck - Don't give up.  There are too many companies that get away with stuff like this!

Trusted Contributor

@sissel wrote:

She made 10 million dollars in 1 day when she launched this so I would guess they are trying to keep up with the orders. I don't think they expected to have so many orders and maybe backed up. I know you are excited to give your daughter this gift. I hope maybe you will get it soon. If you don't get it then maybe tell your daughter that you will reorder after the holidays and may have a better chance of getting it. Wish you luck!

She has the money to hire people for her business.  Instead she just doesn't care that there are delays and some may not get product at all before the holidays.  

Trusted Contributor

@Shorty2UI really feel for you.  Gosh I'm so glad I don't have a kid that is a fan of the Kardashians....dodged that bullet.  

Esteemed Contributor

You have to be careful ordering from companies like this...

I ordered something last year similar situation and I am sure that is where my CC was compromised...since that was the only purchse that I had made in awhile on that card...

Honored Contributor

This same thing happened when Kylie launched her lip products.Same situation as yours: a friend ordered some for her daughter as a gift and.......a month went by, still no products. CS was NOWHERE to be found. #1 reason I won't purchase any of those products....too many customers were taken advantage of. Is it running better now? Depends on who you ask....

This family has SO much money, you would think they would hire the best people/company to handle their new product launches OR sell via a reputable company. They only reason not to is....greed. More money for them. 

I sincerely hope the product arrives in time for CHristmas. Like others have said, you can go through your CC. I would do a bit of research on the web, however, and see if others have had the same problem- what they did-complaints filed, etc. You might find out there's another way to contact the company/her regarding your product.

Good luck either way!!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Whoa! Take a deep breath! Before you call in Barney Fife please know you may still get it by Christmas (which is a month away). And you can always contest it on your cc. All good