Respected Contributor

Re: Should a Five Year Old Be taken Hunting

My little Grandson is five...from a Grandma point of view,the though scares me.My DS is a hunter,so I know it's only a matter of time........

Respected Contributor

I used to care more about other people...now I care more about animals

Honored Contributor

No...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

@fourpaws56 wrote:

I used to care more about other people...now I care more about animals

lol..I posted this on the wrong thread! grandma must be tired....

Respected Contributor

Queen Elizabeth II once did hunt, but well into her 90's doesn't any longer.  It's been an established belief that any animal such as a deer shot during a hunt was not wasted, rather the animal once butchered was either used by the royal household or donated.  Does it matter if an animal was raised to be slaughtered to end up in supermarkets or lived life in the wild before being hunted?  I think it does.  Animals in the wild have a chance to elude the hunter, animals in a slaughter house have zero chance. 

Honored Contributor

@this is my nic wrote:

I have to assume everyone who is horrified by hunting are vegetarians.  Those neat packages of meat in the supermarket come from real animals solely raised to be killed for the meat they provide.  If you could visit a slaughter house you might feel differently about hunting.  With hunting, animals have a chance to escape and live.   At one time I was 100% vegetarian, but gradually began adding fish, then chicken, finally very small amounts of beef due to recommendations from a dietician. 

@this is my nic

Can’t speak for everyone, but I am opposed & a vegetarian.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

As the child's mother, she can do whatever she wants last I checked.

Honored Contributor

Not in my family.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Trusted Contributor

@chessylady wrote:

It was reported that Kate Middleton took 5 year old Prince George on a "grouse hunting expedition." I am aware that the British Royals hunt but I would be reluctant to take a five year old who could be upset. Of course, we don't know what he actually witnessed.

@chessyladythis is probably why qvcuk has no forums in which to post their displeasure, their annoyance or their pretend outrage over the day to day of the Royals.  Woman Very Happy

Funny really...better to post it on the usa site!!  

Respected Contributor

Puttypiesmom, not sure if you're implying that I am British but rest assured, I am not. The Royals are just human beings but with more money and more inbreeding than most. I think it is odd to take a five year old to a hunt. Just because your relatives have certain beliefs or customs doesn't mean you must follow them But if you see nothing wrong with hunting, then you would want to train your child early to enjoy killing animals for"sport."