Super Contributor

Re: Should I say something or let it go?

I wouldn't say anything, it's just water - does it bother you when it rains?

Honored Contributor

I would never bring up something so trivial, it will cause a rift if you do.

Don't sweat the small stuff. 

Honored Contributor

water on my porch or on my driveway would not phase me a bit....unless of course it were up to my ankles......Smiley Wink

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@Scooty    I do think her over spray watering is rather inconsiderate   some people are just so blind to being inconsiderate...

.... but, unless the water is damaging in someway... why make a big deal about it?  I am sure it is only in the summer with her watering... the water will evaporate.

I think to  say something will most likely cause friction as that is just what happens between neighbors often times. 

Now, if it is upsetting you so much you lose sleep over it or think about doing something evil back.... by all means SAY SOMETHING. Otherwise, maybe just deal with it now that summer is almost over and focus on fall and winter ahead. 

Respected Contributor

If she leaves puddles dripping down your driveway that last until late afternoon, more than likely she's over watering those poor hanging baskets.  I'm surprised they are still alive.

Personally, it would not bother me but apparently it does bother you.  She's your friend, say something.  There is no need to give her a token gift or watering can.

Frequent Contributor

It's water.    Let it go.     Having lived in a townhouse community for over 35 years,  I can honestly say there are many things that warrant complanining.  This does not IMHO.  

Respected Contributor

As has been said I would be glad to gave nice hanging baskets next door - water is not really a problem - just enjoy the flowers not worth having any upsets about.  

Or, you could offer to water them as a friend knowing she has to leave for work a nice gesture then you can control the water that bothers you.  

Trusted Contributor

I agree with @gidgetgh. I would say it in a conversational way, “Oh, by the way.....”

Honored Contributor

Is she friend enough to be open with?  Why haven't you spoken with her yet? 

I think, it is water...........I don't get that, but I could be missing something?

Trusted Contributor

Does your HOA have any rules about it?  

In the winter sitting water can freeze and that definitely will be hazardous.  But for the rest of the year not sure why it bothers you.