Re: Should I go on a cruise solo?

Have fun and send us a post card!

~~~ I call dibs on the popcorn concession!! ~~~
Esteemed Contributor

Enjoy your trip.

Honored Contributor

Sounds fabulous.  I love to travel alone.  Go for it!

Honored Contributor

@ROMARY wrote:

Tip: Always carry two small mini-spiral notebooks.  One for carrying with you around the ship, the other in your suitcase.  Transfer all of the names and phone numbers of new friends each night into your suitcase notebook.  Just in case one is misplaced/lost.   Just kind words of advice. Heart

In this day and age, she would just put the contact info in her phone...lol

Honored Contributor

Sounds like a wonderful idea to me! Have a great time & tell us all about it when you return.

Trusted Contributor

It sounds like you are sold on the idea already.  Good for you!  If I was going solo I would request a table of 8 in the main dining room with some other solo passengers for supper.  It would be a good time to socialize and enjoy the dining experience together.  Then perhaps you might go with some of the other solos to the entertainment venues after the meal. 

Esteemed Contributor

Absolutely go and have a great time.  Then, report back and let us know how you enjoyed your cruise.

I have only been on two, but on the first one, we had two single people at our table in the dining room.  It was nice to get to know them.

I will also add that when I have cruised, my husband prefered to sit on a deck chair to read and snooze.  I would have enjoyed meeting some other people who did not feel that they had to stay with others.  I spent a lot of time either doing laps around the ship or working out in the spa by myself.  So, make some new friends and enjoy. 

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Respected Contributor

If you really think you'll have a good time, you should go.  If not, I'd try to get a refund or reschedule.  Only you know how you'd do on a cruise by yourself.  I wouldn't go, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't. 

Trusted Contributor

@tansy wrote:

It sounds like you are self-sufficient and ready to go.  

I have have known single women who will not eat in a restaurant or go to a movie on their own.  

Ha ha....I'm one of those women!  Actually I'm just fine going to a movie alone -- but I will not eat alone in a restaurant, unless it's fast food.  Hubby is still very much alive thankfully!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I would have no problem going alone. Enjoy. The rooms are small (when you have 2 people), unless you get an expensive one.