Honored Contributor

Re: Should I file a police report for package USPS Delivery Supervisor says "probably stolen?&q

@sgraham30 wrote:

Earlier this week, I placed an order for a couple of items from Kohl's. One was delivered quickly, via UPS. The 2nd item was sent FedEx Smartpost & was supposedly left at my front door this past Friday.

As soon as I received e-mail notification from Kohl's  that the order had been delivered, I went to my front door to retrieve the package. When I stepped outside, there was no package to be found. 

I contacted Kohl's immediately. They gave me a tracking number & told me to follow up with the post office & check with my neighbors. I called USPS, was given a different number to call & told to ask for the Delivery Supervisor. I called the DS, gave him the tracking number that Kohl's had given me.

I called, & he told me that the package had been delivered & then gave me the date/time. I advised him that the package may have been delivered but it wasn't to my house since I wasn't in possession of it. He too told me to check with my neighbors. (in this neighborhood, unless the occupant is expecting a package or a visitor, front doors aren't answered. I do the same thing.)

My son & I have had packages misdelivered 2-3 times by both UPS & USPS. They researched, admitted oops, we did deliver to the wrong address (5868 vs my 5668) then told us to go retrieve the package from that address. When we did that, even though someone was home (we saw them peek out their curtains) the front door wasn't open so we could ask about our package.

Should I be filing a police report for the "stolen" package?

@sgraham30  USPS is horrible!  I have to insure what I buy, otherwise it could disappear.  Once, a package was stated as out for delivery.  It was never updated online and never delivered.  I called the main post office, spoke to a guy who said he was looking at my package there, didn't know why it wasn't delivered, and that was the end of it.  He refused further calls, so the post office stole my package.  I filed a complaint with the Postmaster General, but of course have had no response, that was two years ago.

It is easy to mark mail as delivered, and just not deliver it.  I have lost hundreds of dollars worth of items through the years.  Unless something is insured, they will do nothing!

Another time, the post office kept saying that a package was not there. The seller filed a claim because she had insured it, and within days, it magically appeared at said post office, six months after it was mailed.

Honored Contributor

Re: Should I file a police report for package USPS Delivery Supervisor says "probably stolen?&a

@Desertdi wrote:

My neighbors don't answer their doors, either.   

I have a fence.........and leave the gate unlocked if something is "out for delivery".

Well, well, well...........I have an "Update" to my post.     I had my front door open all afternoon because the weather was fabulous.  The sprinklers have been going.......so I periodically looked out to see if I had any excess runoff.    I have been here all day............and JUST NOW......almost 9 pm in Phoenix..........I found a FED EX package sitting on the ground by my gate.     Who had it???????    I'll never know..........they were quiet and sneaky.........because I've been sitting here in the living room reading a book, and didn't hear a thing........     (My package (from Amazon) wasn't due to arrive until Monday.)    

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

Re: Should I file a police report for package USPS Delivery Supervisor says "probably stolen?&q

In my small neighborhood there is a "Drive" and a "Court" with the same name and some repetition in numbers.  Deliveries can get dropped of at one when it's supposed to be at the other, especially if it isn't the usual driver.

Respected Contributor

Re: Should I file a police report for package USPS Delivery Supervisor says "probably stolen?&a

My mailman likes to scan my packages delivered when he is in the area but sometimes it's an hour before he delivers them.  I found this out by contacting his supervisor and asking what the heck was going on.  The supervisor called him immediately on his cell phone and the carrier irately said, "I'm on my way."   I told the supervisor that I'm on my way is not the same as "delivered," and to please retrain his employee.  That was about 2 years ago and nothing has changed.  

Esteemed Contributor

Several years ago I came home after several hours of errand running to find a FedEx flat envelope on my doorstep.  It was addressed to my neighbor at house # 110.  I live at 101.  I put away my purchases and walked the envelope down to 110.  I thought my neighbor was going to faint dead away when I handed it to him.  It contained a $75,000 check from his investment account.  He had done a withdrawal and paid extra for premium service to deliver the package by 10 AM.  It was now 4 PM.  He had been in contact with FedEx and they insisted that the package had been delivered at 9:45 that morning.  Needless to say he had become quite frantic by that time.

Trusted Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

@sgraham30 wrote:

Earlier this week, I placed an order for a couple of items from Kohl's. One was delivered quickly, via UPS. The 2nd item was sent FedEx Smartpost & was supposedly left at my front door this past Friday.

As soon as I received e-mail notification from Kohl's  that the order had been delivered, I went to my front door to retrieve the package. When I stepped outside, there was no package to be found. 

I contacted Kohl's immediately. They gave me a tracking number & told me to follow up with the post office & check with my neighbors. I called USPS, was given a different number to call & told to ask for the Delivery Supervisor. I called the DS, gave him the tracking number that Kohl's had given me.

I called, & he told me that the package had been delivered & then gave me the date/time. I advised him that the package may have been delivered but it wasn't to my house since I wasn't in possession of it. He too told me to check with my neighbors. (in this neighborhood, unless the occupant is expecting a package or a visitor, front doors aren't answered. I do the same thing.)

My son & I have had packages misdelivered 2-3 times by both UPS & USPS. They researched, admitted oops, we did deliver to the wrong address (5868 vs my 5668) then told us to go retrieve the package from that address. When we did that, even though someone was home (we saw them peek out their curtains) the front door wasn't open so we could ask about our package.

Should I be filing a police report for the "stolen" package?

@sgraham30  USPS is horrible!  I have to insure what I buy, otherwise it could disappear.  Once, a package was stated as out for delivery.  It was never updated online and never delivered.  I called the main post office, spoke to a guy who said he was looking at my package there, didn't know why it wasn't delivered, and that was the end of it.  He refused further calls, so the post office stole my package.  I filed a complaint with the Postmaster General, but of course have had no response, that was two years ago.

It is easy to mark mail as delivered, and just not deliver it.  I have lost hundreds of dollars worth of items through the years.  Unless something is insured, they will do nothing!

Another time, the post office kept saying that a package was not there. The seller filed a claim because she had insured it, and within days, it magically appeared at said post office, six months after it was mailed.

Hi mousiegirl, I don't think Kohl's offers the option to insure a package. When I order something from them, I never know how it will be delivered until it's shipped & I can access the tracking info. There were 2 items in the order that the lost package is part of, one was delivered via UPS, it arrived with no problem, the missing package was shipped via FedEx Smartpost.

Honored Contributor

@KathyPet wrote:

Several years ago I came home after several hours of errand running to find a FedEx flat envelope on my doorstep.  It was addressed to my neighbor at house # 110.  I live at 101.  I put away my purchases and walked the envelope down to 110.  I thought my neighbor was going to faint dead away when I handed it to him.  It contained a $75,000 check from his investment account.  He had done a withdrawal and paid extra for premium service to deliver the package by 10 AM.  It was now 4 PM.  He had been in contact with FedEx and they insisted that the package had been delivered at 9:45 that morning.  Needless to say he had become quite frantic by that time.

@KathyPet

did he offer you a reward or maybe a gift card for a dinner? if not, boo on him the cheap a$$

hnj

hckynut(john)
Respected Contributor

@hckynut wrote:

@KathyPet wrote:

@KathyPet

did he offer you a reward or maybe a gift card for a dinner? if not, boo on him the cheap a$$

hnj

I was wondering why he didn't do direct deposit.