Super Contributor

No shopping for me! My fun money comes from my part time job, and I am out of work until the end of this crisis. I have no complaints, because it's only "fun money" I'm missing. So many people have real struggles. 

Trusted Contributor

Only groceries for us.  Ordering online and picking up 6 days later because the store is very busy. 

Respected Contributor

I had been thinking about ordering patio container systems (Earthbox) for growing vegetables the last few years and finally did it this year.  Along w/some seeds to start my veggies.

Honored Contributor

@queendiva    I got an email from Home Depot this week, saying they'll remain open because they sell so many necessary items that we may need. If your refrigerator dies, you can replace it.  However, their hours have been reduced.  

I have ordered some necessary things online, but also got a Coldwater Creek order today.  All sites are offering some nice discounts and free shipping. Spring is still going to come, and most of my household goods are in storage while I'm living in a temporary rental.  I did need a few things 

I'm in a large apartment complex, located next to the front door.  Last night, someone (probably Amazon) brought a delivery into the building at 9:45 pm. I see all types of delivery trucks out in the community all day long.  Yes, people are shopping. 

Honored Contributor

I am shopping online for new curtains for my kitchen and living room, and a new pair of shoes.   

We have enough food and supplies to last months, but all week I have handed out cash to teacher daughter for stuff she’s brought home from the store; 50 lbs of dog food, and snacks my husband asked for.   

Respected Contributor

I've been out shopping almost every day this week. Grocery stores, hardware stores, picking up take our food.

Also continuing to volunteer.

Valued Contributor

No, only essentials. Only going to work, and only running to the store/ pharmacy when necessary.

Honored Contributor

Early this morning I ordered LaCrox sparkling water from Walmart and it will be delivered tomorrow (Sunday).  I also ordered a few items from Target that will arrive on Monday.  These are essentials.  My neighbor shopped for me and bought gal milk, bread, eggs and oj.  I have been sick with Bronchitis since last Wed but my strength is now back and I feel so much better.  Two weeks ago my dr. told me to go to the ER because my white blood cell count was elevated.  I was tested for the flu and coronavirus -- both NEGATIVE.  However, there was bacteria detected and in a few days, I was very sick with the Bronchitis.  It seems to me that only certain people will get the COVID-19 maybe because they a more susceptible to it.  

kindness is strength
Esteemed Contributor

We are still shopping needed, but trying to minimize.  DH has major cardiac history so we decided that either I (76 but no issues) or son will do shopping.  I will go to Safeway tomorrow to pick up DHs script and also check P.O.box.  Had to do some online shopping for grands (baby momma sent two changes of clothes and no winter jackets (it snowed 5" on  19th) so got jackets from Macys online and undies, socks and tee shirts from Old Navy online.  I ordered learning supplies and two new Fire 8s ($45 each) from Amazon.

Honored Contributor

@LisaMofSLC 

I suspect that the longer this goes on, the less likely people are going to be to buy things other than essentials. 

I ordered a pair of shoes I’d wanted for a year about a week ago (I’d promised myself I’d get them if the price dropped low enough and it did) but I seem to have lost interest in even looking much online since. It has been over week since I was in a real store around here. I plan to use up what is in my freezer before buying more. I plan to order for pickup or delivery when I do need more. I figure I can manage without all of my usual “wants” right now.