Valued Contributor

Are you shoppping more, or less? Here I am stuck at home, and between the global crisis and recent Utah earthquakes, I'm stressed. When stressed I like to shop. Plus some of my fave small/family-run companies are pleading for business and offering some great online deals. Yesterday, I found my apartment office is locking their doors, so will hold packages but we have to wait to get them. Sometimes I buy things that are left on my doorstep. Most go to the office if they're too big for the parcel lockers. So I have decided not to buy anything. I did order two bars of Beekman soap, and the box for two bars was huge. Luckily the office lady let me get it. So I'm just not shopping right now.

Honored Contributor

No, only shopping for necessities, things are too uncertain right now.

Honored Contributor

Our condo building has discouraged having items delivered so I kind of feel guilty if I order something.  But it is hard.  My motto has always been "When the going gets tough, the tough go shopping" but that isn't working too well right now!

Respected Contributor

Re: Shopping, yes or no

[ Edited ]

the only shopping Im doing is going to get necessities and groceries.  kohls in the next town that i like to go to, has closed and also the TJ Maxx and JCP.  I have not ordered anything online or from a shopping channel, trying to save all i can at this time.

Honored Contributor

I'm only shopping for necessities.  With the stock market the way it is my finances are not the same.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Just groceries and pet food, and books for my Kindle.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

@RetRN wrote:

No, only shopping for necessities, things are too uncertain right now.

Same for me.  Certainty feels so far away.

Honored Contributor

I would love to shop for the things I need right now. But it seems like every place I look they are out or have other brands I've never tried. It's a good time to explore new options and a it's shopping adventure each time I do it.Woman Very Happy

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@LisaMofSLC 

Our condo Mail Center has closed so no package deliveries...  If anything is shipped by USPS other options for delivery will need to be made through the retailer or Post Office they advised......

I had two small packages coming---one was a book, the other was two tops from Macy's---I went to the USPS site and entered all package deliveries to be left at my front door (since I work from home more than ever)....so what does the mail guy do---He CRAMS the two blouses into my tiny community mailbox  🙄......  So to answer your question....NO postponing online shopping for awhile I wonder what the postman wouldve done if they hadnt fit in the mailbox....probably left a note telling me to pick it up at the post office....Why does USPS even have an option to chose for delivery.... Woman Frustrated 

Just like USPS offer free pickups for packages with a return label but sometimes I have to request it  several times before he will pick up the package that I leave at my front door...one time he said it wasnt there when I complained to the Post Office and told them it was out from 6AM that morning....he lied!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

Well, this morning I DID place an order for my 3 Prescriptives skin care products. They are online only and I was on the fence about ordering because so much is uncertain with the economy. But I decided to go ahead.  And that will hold me for quite awhile. 

I have a $25 e gift card from the Container Store, that I want to get used this afternoon.  I plan to place an order that takes me just over $25.

Other than that, I'm closing down the shopping for fun stuff for awhile. Too much uncertainty. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?