Honored Contributor

@queendiva -

I was just thinking that today.

no, that just can't happen!

we did lose power during the floods and rain.

It always seems to be when we've all just gone to the store and stocked up on lots of frozen, fresh things !

But no, not going to happen, "knock on wood!"

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Valued Contributor

@on the bay 

I bought meats anf frozen goods too. Then we had the UT earthquake, power off for four hours. Everything was rock hard frozen, it was ok. But we live in fear lol

Honored Contributor

@LisaMofSLC -

That is so scary!

I'm glad your food is still ok.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Valued Contributor

@queendiva  I heard from my ex brother in law this morning and he is temporarily working for Lowes (in cooperation with Home Depot and other similar stores) on what they are calling "essential services". So that they remained open and stocked for situations such as you mentioned. 

I found that interesting, as I hadn't heard anything about it. But it is comforting to know that would still be out there!

Whatever gets you through the night; it's alright, it's alright. It's your money or your life; it's alright, it's alright---John Lennon
Honored Contributor

I'm preparing for warm weather - so I am shopping for socks, underwear - things that are wearing out and need to be replaced a couple of times a year.

And shoes - some new summer shoes.  I like colorful summer shoes.  

Honored Contributor

Necessity or not?  YOU be the judge!

I bought a Stir Crazy popcorn popper for hubby and popcorn!  It's coming Tuesday!  

Necessary?  Maybe not.  Maybe. . .

Respected Contributor

We've only been grocery shopping (twice, because we couldn't find items needed from the 1st store) but are now pretty much supplied.

However, last week our Ninja Cooking System died and DH asked me to find a substitute online.  Went with the DeLonghi and ordered it earlier this week.

Now we have it, but nothing to cook in it!

Just kidding - we have stuff for pot roast w/veggies (minus onions, have to fake it with seasonings)) and later beef barley soup.  Also DH's spaghetti sauce and most the stuff for a couple of tamale pies.

Denise
Super Contributor

Just essentials now.  I'm saving every dollar.  The economy is too uncertain.  

Esteemed Contributor

Only shopping online and what I order from wal mart to go pick up there. I have been shopping more, but its for meds I think we could possibly need, extra cat and dog food, extra food, household items. 

No point in buying clothes online now, because I have been wanting to eat my way out of the house. No telling what size I will be when this is over. 

Honored Contributor

Only for groceries, Rx's & a black ink toner! 

The biggest problem is I have a list, & many supermarkets are out of things we need to disinfect. So in previous days, most of my time was spent trying to find items in various supermarkets.

I'm amazed at how many cleaning products do not list ingredients. And those that do, you have to be a chemist to understand!

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼