Honored Contributor

Re: Shopping is now a huge hassle

[ Edited ]

@Mominohio 

Disregard the critics! It's good to vent and let out frustrations (good for mental health from what the experts are saying these days)....For those that want to just see lollipops and unicorns in todays world----well they can just SKIP THE THREAD!!!  (but I find it a bit ironic that its okay for them to vent about people expressing their opinion 😄)

I was never fond of grocery store shopping---made a list and got in and out of the store as fast as I could--PRE-PANDEMIC experiences----I got tired of dealing with essentials not being in stock, dodging the phone zombies, heavy metal music blaring that gave me a headache, and watching out for checkout errors and correcting cashier mistakes!  Instacart has been a Godsend before and after Co-Vid!!!!...Except for clorox wipes and disinfectant supplies most everything else is now well stocked!!! The hoarders gave up----YAY!!! Ive had good experiences with my Instacart Shoppers they listen and follow my recommendations Very few substitutions these days and Im even cooking more... Woman Very Happy 

As far as other stores......all I know is that Hobby Lobby, Bath & Body Works, Petsmart, Bed, Bath & Beyond, and Walgreens are well stocked and the CS decent.....everyone wears masks, proper distancing, and plexiglass between customer and the cashier...pleasant experiences.....  I havent been in-store clothes shopping so can't attest to what is happening locally there.....

As you said, online ordering has been hit or miss----some shipments arrive quickly (usually those are delivered by UPS), some are taking a month!!!, and also have had to deal with misdeliveries and have gotten other people's packages along with mine...😣 And Clothing purchases CRAMMED into my community mailbox (but thats normal)......

And when its 100 degrees or more out, it makes wearing masks even more unbearable but I do it when out and about to protect myself & others!

Well @Mominohio we can only keep our fingers crossed that things will improve as time goes on and that there will be better shopping days ahead!  GOOD LUCK to you and your mom!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Even pre-COVID I didn't like going in and out of stores trying on items like pants.  I would try an online vendor like Land's End.  

Stretchy bras are great for almost all occasions and no need for trying on🙂

It's the grocery shopping that gets me down.  I've noticed some shortages again and that worries me.

@Lali1, I went to a nearby nursery and brought home a few succulents.  That was an outing that cheered me up!

Respected Contributor

@Mominohio I agree with you. And PLEASE ignore the rude posts.  I shouldn't be shocked by the amount of rude people on this forum but it still shocks me each time I see the written words.  

Hugs to you.  Please continue to share your thoughts.  You have many friends here and there are lots of nice people too.  We will get through this together - with kindness and compassion.

Honored Contributor

There is an upside to everything. I've saved a lot of money by not shopping as much as I used to.
Respected Contributor

I can understand the frustration with the way some things are these days. I truly hate the mask. Shopping by me is pretty much normal. I order groceries online for the most part so that is not an issue for me. They are perpetually out of certain things which don't make sense but I just try to source those things elsewhere.

Hang in there, it'll get better someday.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I understand what you are saying. I was very frustrated and unhappy at first when shelves were empty and the mask thing. But I did get used to it.  I always remember the ones that have to wear a mask all day!! 

Mostly I have found the only empty shelves here are for cleaning products.  I have only been to Kroger store, Walmart, pharmacy where I do the drive thru and the bank drive thru.

Those are all that I have been toCat Frustrated I miss shopping at stores for things like clothes etc. But right now I just wont go. 

I have ordered a few things from the walmart site but not food or clothes. I have not bought any clothes at all since before Christmas. Im not going anywhere so no need lol.

I dont care for wiping down everything that comes in my house but I do it every time!

I see nothing with venting here at all. Others do it so why not you!!  

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller
Trusted Contributor

i totally understand your frustration. so sorry it's been tough. i haven't ventured out of the house since covid started. fortunately for me, my husband does the grocery shopping every week, and if there's anything else i might need aside from groceries, i send him for those too. so far so good. he hasn't messed up and has been very reliable. of course there's tons of texting going on (lol) back and forth, but i have no complaints. he doesn't complain either. it doesn't make sense for both of us to be out there with the risk of catching germs, so thank G it's working out well. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SeaMaiden wrote:

In life STUFF HAPPENS... what happens is  out of our or your control..... I see  this virus as a major inconvience... life is full of inconviences... like having to have a colonscopy or  a root canal... YOU JUST HAVE TO DEAL WITH IT .  It is how you deal with it that gets you through it.

In life there is no easy pass... no guarentees... so just take it day by day... try to see the good....and make mention of all the good things that happened that day. Do not worry about tomorrow.   Tomorrow will have its own set of rules...  more stuff to deal with.

I try to live that way, too.  Don't always succeed....but it's the goal to strive for!

Trusted Contributor

@teganslaw wrote:

It doesn't pay to complain about things on this forum. Others seem to acknowledge it as unncecessary, so why bother.

Because somehow its makes us fell better to vent. Give op a break

Respected Contributor

I too understand. Especially the suffocating feeling with masks. I'm lucky that DH likes to do the shopping .... I've had to go out very few times since April. The extreme heat has been a challenge, so right now we are lucky to be able to be taking a break , RV camping in the mountains where it's much cooler and the change of scenery helps.