Honored Contributor

Re: Shopping in Stores on Black Friday

I went shopping today but not for the Black Friday deals. I needed bird seed. I was approaching the stack of 40# bags when a man, not an employee, said, "let me get that for you". Got one off the stack and put it in my cart. I thanked him. I checked out and was approaching my car when another man asked if I needed help. I can lift 40# so I thanked him and said that I could manage. He said, " Let me put them in for you" and he did and I thanked him as well.

There was nothing unusual about today; men always offer to help me and I don't appear in need of assistance. 

I don't understand the complaints about men, they've always been good to me, more than willing to help.

Honored Contributor

I only went one time with my sister on Black Friday.  We went to the Mall.  We were there about 5:30AM & the it was PACKED.  I never saw so many people.  But my sister is a shopper.  Didn't waist any time.  We got in and out of stores so quickly.  By the time we finished it was almost 10:00AM and it had started to get even more crowded.  That's when we left.  Since then, I've never done.  My sister just wanted to try it!  She talked me in to it.  

Honored Contributor

@ValuSkr   It no longer is.  My understanding that the online thing is now.  I spent a couple of hours on Amazon today, and other places.  I purchased several items.  Very good deals.  Especially on Amazon.