Honored Contributor

Re: Shopping for new glasses

@SouthernBee wrote:

@Jordan2 : Totally understand because I had the same frames. I was a handicapped kid with a very bad limp. I had extremely curly frizzie hair. The class bully never stopped. I hated school. 

@SouthernBee I actually really didn't wear them much. I always sat up front to see the blackboard, I would hold my glasses up to my eyes without putting them on!

Honored Contributor

@Jordan2 : I had eye surgery on my left eye when I was four years old. I needed glasses .

Honored Contributor

My dh and I just got new glasses. I don't look for cheap, if I like what I try on in the store, I get them. If we pay upfront the total, we get a 20% discount and if we want a second pair, those are half off of everything. I got two pair and my dh got a pair of glasses and a new pair of sunglasses. 

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

We like Costco’s optical department. High quality frames and accurate lenses. They will adjust, repair, etc. at no charge.
Esteemed Contributor

I drastically need new glasses (frames & lenses) but, I am delaying going to get them because of the virus .... I am making do with what I have because I don’t want to take any chances..... stay well everyone... 😊

Honored Contributor

The price of frames -- especially designer ones --- is just terrible!  I also order on line --- I am a Zenni girl!  Yes, as you pointed out -- there are many places you can purchase on line if you can't or don't want to spend a ton of money on your glasses!  So glad we have these options!  The last time I picked out a pair of frames at my doctor's office -- I almost fell of my chair -- and I said --- nope!  I have been ordering from Zenni for probably 6 years now.  So glad you found what you wanted and for much less!!! 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin