Honored Contributor

Re: Shopping at Costco today; who knew?

i was in our sams club on monday afternoon.

yes, they were sold out of some items and some items had limits.

overall though it was an easy shopping experience......no line to get in, no lines at the registers, two people checking receipts/carts, no overcrowding at all.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

maybe no one is chit chatting because they went to practice social distancing 

At least two more Costco corporate employees have tested positive for the novel strain of the coronavirus since one of their colleagues died Sunday after contracting it, according to internal corporate communications obtained by BuzzFeed News. Another worker at a warehouse in Michigan also has COVID-19, the disease caused by the virus.

The employee who died Sunday worked in Costco's travel department in a building on campus known as LP2.

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/briannasacks/more-costco-employees-test-positive-coronavirus 

Respected Contributor

It's certainly not the way it was a couple of weeks ago. After all, there was no "shortage" of anything--it was all logistics, with frenzied, hysterical shoppers ransacking stores, and depleting commodities before they could be replenished.

And replenishing is going on now. We go out every 4 days or so and, yesterday, although we didn't need any, I noticed that many brands of TP were available, though purchase limits were still in effect.

A few stores here have been employing "staggered" stocking of certain items, which I think is an excellent idea. Rather than stock all the, say, TP overnight, to be wiped out when the store opens, they're staggering it so the shelves are full at DIFFERENT times of the day. In one store, the clerk said they were doing that with all paper goods and certain vitamins.

Many shoppers were passing those things by. Seriously, how much TP can you use, anyway?

What worries you masters you.