Trusted Contributor

Shopping at Aldi this morning was great!

Carts still being sterilized by crew. Not crowded at all. With the exception of 1 item of meat and 1 toilet paper, they had everything in stock. So I bought 1 each of the different types of chicken offered (boneless breasts, bone in breasts, thin breasts, chicken legs), 1 each of a few of the beef, same with pork. Plenty of paper products, milk products, etc.

Truly, with the exception of the masks, the clear shields and the limit of 1 of meat products and TP, it was as if nothing had happen supply and shopping wise.

"Coming to ya from Florida"
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Shopping at Aldi this morning was great!

I started ordering groceries from Aldi's way before the pandemic. I continue to place orders every ten days or so. They have been excellent. 

Honored Contributor

@Vivian -

Wow, thank you!

I didn't know Aldi's has pick up now.

I'll try that too!

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Valued Contributor

Aldi has been my go to for a number of items. Milk and flour and sugar and brats. 

The six feet distancing and the one way direction it seems that a few shoppers are not paying attention to.

Yes we are required to wear masks in our state so everyone in the store has them on.

Trusted Contributor

I shopped at Aldi last week and they were doing the same - wiping down carts for each visitor, and no one had to use their own quarter to unlock them.  

I bought a chuck roast that turned out delicious, chicken thighs, ground beef, and pork chops; toilet paper and hand sanitizer (.99!).

I have been impressed by the quality and taste of Aldi meats, and the milk is the freshest and best around.  Don't know how they do it, but around here I have heard comments on how much better their milk and meat are.

Honored Contributor

@Vivian wrote:

I started ordering groceries from Aldi's way before the pandemic. I continue to place orders every ten days or so. They have been excellent. 

@Vivian @Do they deliver?

Honored Contributor

I love shopping at Aldi's. My neighbor found another Aldi's a little further away that she loves, it was recently remodeled--she said very clean, good stock of basic items, and of course great prices.

Esteemed Contributor

Yes, Aldi's delivers. In my town, Instacart bring my order right to my front door. I can leave specific instructions about how my order is handled. They've been delivering to my home for several months. Even with the service charge and tip, my grocery bills have gone down. 

Honored Contributor

They opened one near me in February, I haven't been there yet. We have a super Walmart very nearby I wonder if either one is suffering.

Honored Contributor

i havn'e been to Aldi.  They're  with my instacart, so I might try them.  We also have another German supermarket Lidl.  They've just opened where Sears used to be in our mall.  I understand that Aldi and Lidl are arch rivals in Germany where both chains started.