Honored Contributor

Re: Shopping Experience at Safeway today Was Not Good

Nothing is more gross than leaky and sticky packaged chicken. Ick. Microbial soup.
Highlighted
QVC Customer Care

Esteemed Contributor

@Mz iMac - Re: Plastic Bags in the Meat Section - Several grocery stores in my area do have plastic bags to put your raw meat in.

Respected Contributor

I too have positive experiences at Fred Meyer and plastic bags are by the meat section there also. I’m sorry your check out person was crabby, I usually get the ones that are sweet and friendly.....once in a while there will be one that seems to be having an awful day. 🙄

Honored Contributor

wrote:

You should email Safeway's corporate office. Terrible behavior by the cashier -- and plastic bags should be available.

Absolutely!  I would have already done it.  They can't fix things unless they know about them.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

wrote:

wrote:

You should email Safeway's corporate office. Terrible behavior by the cashier -- and plastic bags should be available.

Absolutely!  I would have already done it.  They can't fix things unless they know about them.

Me too @Kachina624, why come here to complain when the problem(S) could have been solved at the store before she left?

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Honored Contributor

Been a  Safeway shopper for many years.  Local one sometimes is out of plastic bags on some of the rolls in meat department.  Also, in CA they don't want plastic used much.   My biggest beef with Safeway is they never have enough checkers.  In the a.m. only one lane open.  They want you to do self-check which I don't like to do.  Target is getting the same way too.  Both stores have an employee just standing there to ask you to do self-check.

Honored Contributor

wrote:
Nothing is more gross than leaky and sticky packaged chicken. Ick. Microbial soup.

@bikerbabe  I agree. I always have to put my chicken in a bag. Haven't seen you in awhile!

Esteemed Contributor

I sometimes take the bags from the produce dept when the meat dept runs out.

Sounds like the cashier needs more training.  I'd just call the store and tell the manager what happened.  

Honored Contributor

When I was growing up (in the 50's mainly) my grandma and I walked to our local Safeway to shop.

I used to shop at a Giant Food grocery store (only on East Coast).

I stopped shopping there because the checkers were rude, often scanned something two times.  It wasn't a pleasant experience.

Now I only shop at Harris Teeters.  I know they're mainly located on the East Coast.

People tell me they're more expensive than many other stores.  I don't care.  I don't want to be worried about fresh meat, bread and so on.  

I like the people in Harris Teeter, let's just leave it at that.