Regular Contributor

Re: Shophq Dr Dubrow uv lamp

@chiclets wrote:

@SeaMaiden 

A good example to show how a name can sell anything and people will buy it because of celebrity.

Selling an item because of the name (person) doesn't impress me but I also take exception with certain individuals who seemingly put their name on almost anything. Unfortunately a segment exists who will buy products based on name and recognition. IMO shophq has two groups of people (maybe three now) being strongly depended upon as its go-to brand(s).

Super Contributor

Yes, each time I check ShopHQ he is on selling. I wonder if they have bought or invested in ShopHQ to get all that time on air. It is annoying to have the same items and vendor on all the time.

Contributor

@cozyseeker wrote:

Yes, each time I check ShopHQ he is on selling. I wonder if they have bought or invested in ShopHQ to get all that time on air. It is annoying to have the same items and vendor on all the time.

I dont trust him at all. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@germanshepherdlove wrote:

Hospitals that use UV-C to disinfect do not allow anyone in the room while the lights are on as they can cause injury to the eyes. Did those lamps being offered on home shopping come with a warning?  If not, I don't believe they are really UV-C.  

@germanshepherdlove  Yes, they did mention no peopke or pets in the room during the period it was on. 

People are dumb. (And yes I am included in that.) People are going to burn themselves and get melanomas from that thing. I have a handheld UV light, and it is nerve wracking how easy it would be to accidentally shine it in my eyes or on my arm. Selling something that looks like a modernesque table lamp/bug zapper? Irresponsible.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Contributor

@chiclets wrote:

@SeaMaiden 

A good example to show how a name can sell anything and people will buy it because of celebrity.

You can say that again @chiclets !