Honored Contributor

Re: Shop HQ Selling At-Home Covid Tests

@Wsmom wrote:

I may have missed if this was answered earlier, but I can only assume, based on the overprice of these tests, these are from Terry Dubrow's company?   I know he was all over everything he could sell at the beginning of this so was wondering when he'd jump on the tests.

@Wsmom I don't know who Terry Dubrow is, but I looked on HQ and saw they are sold out.  5 tests sold for $119 and the 10 pk is $189.  The country of origin is USA, but when I looked on the company website (ACON) their items are manufactured in China.  I did a *search* on ACONs site for Terry Dubrow and nothing came up.

If I knew that the tests weren't from China, I would actually get one.  But as I said, they are sold out.  These at home tests are like looking for Clorox wipes a year ago.....

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

My state is mailing tests out for free. You just have to request them. they are the rapid tests but they are free for the asking.

Same here.  I got four, but haven't used any.  

however, for an upcoming minor surgical procedure, the results of one of these tests won't be accepted.  I have to get my test at the surgical center two days prior. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Lucky Charm wrote:

@Wsmom wrote:

I may have missed if this was answered earlier, but I can only assume, based on the overprice of these tests, these are from Terry Dubrow's company?   I know he was all over everything he could sell at the beginning of this so was wondering when he'd jump on the tests.

@Wsmom I don't know who Terry Dubrow is, but I looked on HQ and saw they are sold out.  5 tests sold for $119 and the 10 pk is $189.  The country of origin is USA, but when I looked on the company website (ACON) their items are manufactured in China.  I did a *search* on ACONs site for Terry Dubrow and nothing came up.

If I knew that the tests weren't from China, I would actually get one.  But as I said, they are sold out.  These at home tests are like looking for Clorox wipes a year ago.....

@Lucky Charm , Terry and his wife do the Consult Beaute line on Shop HQ and then moved into all these things for covid...the forehead thermometers, etc., back at the beginning.  Their claim to fame is she is one of the Real Housewives and he is a Newport Beach plastic surgeon who has the show "Botched" on tv, where they fix plastic surgeries gone wrong.  I was able to pick up one of these tests from CVS one day when getting prescriptions prior to Christmas, before the demand got so great.  I got a box just to have on hand.  I can't remember what I paid for a package of two, but I think maybe $20 or so.  Agreed about the Clorox of a year ago.

Frequent Contributor

Re: Shop HQ Selling At-Home FlowFlex Covid Tests

Today Terry Dubrow and ShopHQ selling these Covid test Kits for a ridiculous amount of money when I can purchase the same FlowFlex they are selling (one test per kit) for $9.99 at CVS TODAY.  ShopHQ is selling a 5 tests for $119 or a 10 pack for $189... OMG are you kidding me?

Honored Contributor

@Hoping for the best wrote:

Today Terry Dubrow and ShopHQ selling these Covid test Kits for a ridiculous amount of money when I can purchase the same FlowFlex they are selling (one test per kit) for $9.99 at CVS TODAY.  ShopHQ is selling a 5 tests for $119 or a 10 pack for $189... OMG are you kidding me?

@Hoping for the best 

the problem is though is that CVS has them for like five or ten minutes and then they are all gone. they are currently NOT available for shipping. i was able to get five about two weeks ago and have not been able to get more of those since. i have paid different prices for different kits.....some one, some double. the most expensive double kit i purchased was $30. some people dont feel like stalking an online store just to be able to buy some, so if someone has them in stock, they will pay the price.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@sunshine45 Costco.com is currently selling the Flowflex Tests (5 tests per box) for $47.99.  They appear to be in stock and not a member only item.

Honored Contributor

@Linmo wrote:

@sunshine45 Costco.com is currently selling the Flowflex Tests (5 tests per box) for $47.99.  They appear to be in stock and not a member only item.

great price @Linmo , even with adding in the 5% non member surcharge. not sure if they ship free or not?  will arrive next friday.

hoping others see this so that if they need them, they can get them via costco.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

@sunshine45 They are showing free shipping for me, but I'm a member so I'm not sure if it's the same for non-members.