Honored Contributor

Re: Shop By Yourself, Or prefer To Shop with Someone else?

If I go shoppoing with girlfriends it is for them to shop as I don't like to shop with pothers. When I go shopping to actually shop & buy - I go alone.

Honored Contributor

I shop online but when I did go shopping, I always wanted to go alone.  I just want to go get it over with and leave and have no patience for wasting my time while others shop.  

Esteemed Contributor

Brick and mortor shopping:
Alone. Especially if I know what I'm looking for.
With, if I'm just wandering.

QVC shopping:
Go to QVC [app or .com] if I know what I'm looking for.
Watch QVC, QVCplus, BeautyiQ shopping with hosts&vendors if I'm just wandering.
Trusted Contributor

I like to shop alone, but I do enjoy my husband's company.  He doesn't mind shopping, and I am thankful for that.  He has a good eye for a lot.  When we made large purchases, he had great suggestions and has excellent taste.  When earth tones were really popular in furniture and carpeting, he ventured into different colors--

navy leather for example, celery green carpeting.  I loved the outcome.

Shopping with our older son is a nightmare.  If he could, he would buy EVERYTHING online.  He did have to buy a suit and some dress shoes recently,

and he said he got a lot of help at Nordstroms--a good experience.

But he is not like my husband who doesn't mind a little browsing.

But, in all honesty, almost all of my shopping (excluding food) now is online.

Respected Contributor

Alone.  I don't want anyone to have to wait for me, and I don't want to wait for anyone else.  A friend and I used to go together a lot, but we each headed to different departments so it was like we were alone anyway.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

I can no longer stand long enough to browse in stores but I never liked shopping with anyone,  not even with my sister or best friend.   It's just not an activity I care to share. 

@Kachina624  Before I had both knees  replaced, I also could not just stand in one place without leaning on something the pain of a Bone on bone was so bad.  Shopping was a painful nightmare.

Now when I am just standing... I feel so blessed to be able to do that!   Joint replacement is a miracle of sorts. It gave me my life back! I am so grateful.

Respected Contributor

If I seriously have to get something, alone. If I'm just shopping for the fun of it, I like certain people with me. Some people drive me crazy and I will not shop with them. You know the ones. Schlep all over until they get what they want, then they are ready to go!😡

Valued Contributor

I prefer to shop alone.   

Honored Contributor

I like to shop alone, I find I get more done that way. I know my taste, what looks good on me. When I was younger my mother would shop with me, and if she liked something and I didn't it was a no for me.

Respected Contributor

Love shopping with DD, otherwise I'd rather get comfy at home and browse online.

oh...and shopping with DH is like hunting with the game warden ..haha.