Honored Contributor

Re: Shooting at Walmart in Thornton, CO

[ Edited ]

@mistriTsquirrel wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@mistriTsquirrel wrote:

@NicksmomESQ wrote:

This is what happens in a society where there are no meaningful gun laws!!  I guess the powers that be don’t mind that their constituents are getting shot at.

We live in a jungle.We’re allowing the animals to win!!

@NicksmomESQ  In countries where there is more gun control, people attack each other with acid, knives, bombs and vehicles

And there's no need to insult animals.  It isn't the animals that are doing this, it's the human beings.

@mistriTsquirrel, we have plenty of such attacks here as well.

Now, if there is a credible source shows that countries with less gun control have the same or fewer deaths and injuries from guns than those countries with  roboust gun control, I'd love to see it.

From an article in Time magazine:

There's nearly one gun in the U.S. for every American, a figure that makes the country by far the most heavily armed nation in the world. (No. 2 is Yemen, an impoverished Middle Eastern country perpetually on the brink of civil war.) U.S. gun laws are relatively relaxed, and perhaps not incidentally, America has the highest homicide rate by gun among developed nations. In the wake of mass killings, other countries have adopted a range of new gun restrictions.

@suzyQ3 Laws aren't going to keep criminals from engaging in criminal behavior.  They can make it harder for law-abiding citizens to obtain guns though.  I don't want to be denied my right to protect myself because of someone's belief that more laws will stop criminal behavior.

@mistriTsquirrel, a person is law-abiding until...he or she isn't.

It should be harder to acquire a weapon, but certainly not impossible. Besides, most guns are not used in self-defense.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Esteemed Contributor

@mistriTsquirrel I stand by my comments.We’re going to have to agree to disagree on this.

Esteemed Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@mistriTsquirrel wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@mistriTsquirrel wrote:

@NicksmomESQ wrote:

This is what happens in a society where there are no meaningful gun laws!!  I guess the powers that be don’t mind that their constituents are getting shot at.

@NicksmomESQ  In countries where there is more gun control, people attack each other with acid, knives, bombs and vehicles

And there's no need to insult animals.  It isn't the animals that are doing this, it's the human beings.

Now, if there is a credible source shows that countries with less gun control have the same or fewer deaths and injuries from guns than those countries with  roboust gun control, I'd love to see it.

There's nearly one gun in the U.S. for every American, a figure that makes the country by far the most heavily armed nation in the world. (No. 2 is Yemen, an impoverished Middle Eastern country perpetually on the brink of civil war.) U.S. gun laws are relatively relaxed, and perhaps not incidentally, America has the highest homicide rate by gun among developed nations. In the wake of mass killings, other countries have adopted a range of new gun restrictions.

@suzyQ3 Laws aren't going to keep criminals from engaging in criminal behavior.  They can make it harder for law-abiding citizens to obtain guns though.  I don't want to be denied my right to protect myself because of someone's belief that more laws will stop criminal behavior.

It should be harder to acquire a weapon, but certainly not impossible. Besides, most guns are not used in self-defense.

@suzyQ3  I suspect that most guns probably sit and collect dust, but I would like to know what you think most guns are used for.

And since we are all law-abiding until we aren't, are you saying that no one can be trusted with a gun?  

"Heartburn Can Cause Cancer" -- www.ecan.org
Honored Contributor

@mistriTsquirrel wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@mistriTsquirrel wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@mistriTsquirrel wrote:

@NicksmomESQ wrote:

@suzyQ3  I suspect that most guns probably sit and collect dust, but I would like to know what you think most guns are used for.

And since we are all law-abiding until we aren't, are you saying that no one can be trusted with a gun?  

@mistriTsquirrel, I think that most guns are used for crimes. And I think that the use of "law-abiding" citizens by those opposed to more stringent controls is specious.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Esteemed Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@mistriTsquirrel wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@mistriTsquirrel wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@mistriTsquirrel wrote:

@NicksmomESQ wrote:

@mistriTsquirrel, I think that most guns are used for crimes. And I think that the use of "law-abiding" citizens by those opposed to more stringent controls is specious.

@suzyQ3  Are you saying that most people buying weapons legally are ultimately using them to commit crimes?  

"Heartburn Can Cause Cancer" -- www.ecan.org