Honored Contributor

Re: Shooting at Walmart in Thornton, CO

[ Edited ]

WhatNow:  I've often wondered how folks turned the Wild West into a somewhat civilized era.  Anyone here know about that era of history?  Seems as though they eventually solved the problem (more or less), (for a significant length of time, anyway).  I just don't know and 'can't figure it out', so to speak.  When I have asked friends and various people, they don't have an answer.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee You are just going to need a bullet proof vest or even a complete swat uniform to leave the house....terrible things going on right here in this country with all of the rights and freedoms that other countries can only dream of.

Honored Contributor

Why does these things happen a lot at Walmart.....you never hear about shootings at Target, The Dollar Store, Family Dollar, Marshall's, Ross's, TJ's.  

There was an incident not long ago in the city where I live and nice part of town too..........

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

WhatNow:  Absolutely.  Bullet-proof vests will be a trend.  Actually, as I think about it, makes a lot sense in certain venues.  ............  Lori Grenier, are you reading?   I'm very serious.  Very profitable future industry. 

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

I used to have a legal permit to carry a concealed weapon (handgun). But because of my hand disability I am unable to even pick it up any more, much less fire the thing. Back in the day when I had my gun, I was a pretty good shot...at targets, not people.Woman LOL I was a member at a local gun club and I would go there to shoot guns. I'm also a registered hunter here in Colorado but never shot anything. Those days are behind me. But I wish I could at least shoot my handgun again in case I ever needed to. @dex

Honored Contributor

@ROMARY wrote:

WhatNow:  Absolutely.  Bullet-proof vests will be a trend.  Actually, as I think about it, makes a lot sense in certain venues.  ............  Lori Grenier, are you reading?   I'm very serious.  Very profitable future industry. 

@ROMARY,

There's a store here that sells bullet-proof backpacks for kids...and they can't keep them in stock!

Esteemed Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

Why does these things happen a lot at Walmart.....you never hear about shootings at Target, The Dollar Store, Family Dollar, Marshall's, Ross's, TJ's.  

@Spurt  My local Dollar Tree smells like an outhouse.  Wondering if someone shot their bathroom exhaust fan.

Image result

"Heartburn Can Cause Cancer" -- www.ecan.org
Esteemed Contributor

This is what happens in a society where there are no meaningful gun laws!!  I guess the powers that be don’t mind that their constituents are getting shot at.

We live in a jungle.We’re allowing the animals to win!!

Esteemed Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@ROMARY wrote:

@ROMARY,

There's a store here that sells bullet-proof backpacks for kids...and they can't keep them in stock!

@SilleeMee  That's really sad.  Smiley Sad

"Heartburn Can Cause Cancer" -- www.ecan.org
Honored Contributor

@mistriTsquirrel wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@Spurt  My local Dollar Tree smells like an outhouse.  Wondering if someone shot their bathroom exhaust fan.

Image result

@mistriTsquirrel

LOL---could be! Smiley Wink

I don't shop at those often, but once in awhile I do for wrapping paper and birthday bags, or office supplies or seasonal decorations for the office where I work etc.....BUT these stores are always neat and clean, much nicer than some of the Walmarts.........

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”