Honored Contributor

Re: Shooting at Walmart in Thornton, CO

@SilleeMee That is frightening.I would have to move..What state do you live in?Stay safe and don't leave home without you bproof vest.

Honored Contributor

@dex wrote:

@SilleeMee That is frightening.I would have to move..What state do you live in?Stay safe and don't leave home without you bproof vest.

Colorado @dex. A few weeks ago there were two gangs exchanging gunfire between two cars in a drive-by shooting which occurred down the street from my house. That doesn't happen often, however, but drive-by shootings do. A dog was shot and killed in broad daylight while being walked by his owner! ...yes right here in my neighborhood. On one occasion, two people walking were chased by a driver then gunned down and killed in a nearby street here. I could go on. I can't afford to move, unfortunately.

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@dex wrote:

Colorado @dex. A few weeks ago there were two gangs exchanging gunfire between two cars in a drive-by shooting which occurred down the street from my house. That doesn't happen often, however, but drive-by shootings do. A dog was shot and killed in broad daylight while being walked by his owner! ...yes right here in my neighborhood. On one occasion, two people walking were chased by a driver then gunned down and killed in a nearby street here. I could go on. I can't afford to move, unfortunately.

@SilleeMee That is so scary!!!!!! Well try to stay as safe as you can....

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@dex wrote:

Bless your heart....stay safe...be aware...and call Police whenever something happens, k?  They need to know about those bullets.

That could be the difference between a cold case & conviction. 

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee I just don't know what to say.I wish there was some way for you to move.It seems that you almost can't afford not to.Your life is in danger there.

Honored Contributor

@dex wrote:

@SilleeMee I just don't know what to say.I wish there was some way for you to move.It seems that you almost can't afford not to.Your life is in danger there.

Well me and hundreds of other people, too. It's just not my neighborhood but all over town and even on some hiking trails I frequent. IMO people are getting crazy.

Honored Contributor

When I go to places like Costco now... it is always in the back of my head that something like a shooter could happen at anytime in the store or out in the parking lot.  I never use to think about such things.. but now I do. 

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee, I totally feel for you.

I was woke up one night a few years ago to the sound of gunshots.  I looked out my window and saw 2 men cutting through the yard across the street.  I called the police and while I was on the phone with 911 DH and I were giving a play by play of these 2 men walking up the street one way then another.  The police did catch them trying to hide the gun under a pile of leaves behind a store at the end of our street.

A few months later one of the shooters was shot and killed on New Years Eve in a gas station parking lot.  The other eventually cut a plea deal with prosecutors.

But I was totally and completely freaked out for months over that.  Hearing those gun shots then seeing the 2 men was not something I ever want to go through again.  After that I told DH I was ready to move. 

Esteemed Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

I have three bullet holes in the side of my house...each from separate incidences.Woman Frustrated Gunshots are frequently heard in my neighborhood. I just ignore them.

I'm sorry, @SilleeMee

I'm noticing that hearing sirens around here has become an everyday occurrence.  It wasn't that way a few years ago.  I'm guessing it's probably not long before my neighborhood will be considered a "bad neighborhood."

As much as people complain about guns, when you are a single female living in a place that isn't safe, it feels better to know that you can protect yourself if someone breaks in.

"Heartburn Can Cause Cancer" -- www.ecan.org
Respected Contributor

Sadly, it doesn't matter what state you live in.  Violence is everywhere.