Honored Contributor

Re: Shooting at UNC Charlotte

@cherry wrote:

@QueenDanceALot  it is the mix that is different. In churches ,and elementary level education you have a mix of people. They might not have had  the opportunity for  higher learning, and some might not had had much educational opportunity at all

Education is supposed to teach you how to think and reason. At university level all of the people attending are at least at a certain  level of education. I would expect  a different mindset  from people who are smart enough to understand the dangers of guns. They can read statistics and how guns just perpetuate violence

The people involved in the homicide  my daughter was witness to, were not outsiders,  they were students

@cherry 

I had to go to summer school to graduate from grade school, and I quit high school. Life experiences have taught me more than any book or teacher/professor, whatever could ever do.

Easy on us "formally uneducated" people. Common sense usually is not learned from higher education.

hckynut

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

@Drythe wrote:

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

@Malcontent wrote:

It’s not the inanimate object, it’s the human.

It's the human with access to the inanimate object.

@QueenDanceALot 

So true.  Just sitting there in the safe, or in the factory, they don't do any damage at all.

My home state, So SAD.

@Drythe 

Yep, and the same thing can be said about motor vehicles when parked or in the factory.

hckynut

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

@bathina 

Not sure what era you suggest didn't have automatic weapons. Seem like the "mob" and others used a thing called a Tommy Gun, long before the term "assault weapon" was ever heard.

hckynut

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but ,mine remains the same. the majority of gun violence, is not comitted by people that are able to reason and think

Certainly, that doesn't mean everyone educated, is going to be a model citizen, but, the majority of people that are, do not act like this.

@hckynut  the time we grew up in, was far different than now. I am sure you know that. People didn't live  like they do today, as a rule

I don't know how it will end, or when? But the oods of getting shot, as an innocent bystander ,are greatly increased  from the years I was young.

Kids didn't take weapons to school to start with

Esteemed Contributor

Being able to "reason and think" and gun violence are not mutually exclusive.

The shooters know that guns kill.

Why do you think that they use them?

They are full of anger, hate and rage, and the "easy" "solution" to their "problem" is a gun.

That has NOTHING to do with level of education.

Absolutely nothing.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Esteemed Contributor

@momtochloe wrote:

This is an active shooting and you can watch live coverage at WCNC.  Unfortunately two students have passed and the shooter (another student) is in custody.  Two more transported to local hospitals in critical condition.

I don't even know what to say anymore.  May God have mercy on their souls and wrap His loving arms around their loved ones.  Heart

I live in Arkansas and I could have missed it, but I didn't even see this on our 9:00 pm news cast. Have there been so many of these horrible shootings, that they just aren't reporting them like they use to?

Esteemed Contributor

@happycat wrote:

@momtochloe wrote:

This is an active shooting and you can watch live coverage at WCNC.  Unfortunately two students have passed and the shooter (another student) is in custody.  Two more transported to local hospitals in critical condition.

I don't even know what to say anymore.  May God have mercy on their souls and wrap His loving arms around their loved ones.  Heart

I live in Arkansas and I could have missed it, but I didn't even see this on our 9:00 pm news cast. Have there been so many of these horrible shootings, that they just aren't reporting them like they use to?

@happycat 

I think that's the case.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it is inappropirate

Esteemed Contributor

I'm somewhat bemused by the comments about the perceived lack of news coverage of this shooting. 

Usually the comments run along the line of media should stop covering these incidents because it encourages copycats.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Esteemed Contributor

@hckynut wrote:

@NicksmomESQ wrote:

We are the only civilized country that refuses to address the obvious!! 

@NicksMom 

And the obvious is?

hckynut

@hckynut    Guns don’t kill people. Crazy unstable people with guns kill people.Therefore, common sense would dictate that we need to pass laws to keep the crazy unstable people from getting them,period!!