Esteemed Contributor

Re: Shooting at UNC Charlotte

[ Edited ]

@cherry wrote:

@QueenDanceALot  it is the mix that is different. In churches ,and elementary level education you have a mix of people. They might not have had  the opportunity for  higher learning, and some might not had had much educational opportunity at all

Education is supposed to teach you how to think and reason. At university level all of the people attending are at least at a certain  level of education. I would expect  a different mindset  from people who are smart enough to understand the dangers of guns. They can read statistics and how guns just perpetuate violence

The people involved in the homicide  my daughter was witness to, were not outsiders,  they were students

@cherry,  as I hope you are aware I usually agree with or at least am sympathetic to your positions but with all due respect , which is well earned, you are ascribing logic to an illogical act and that is nullifying, or perhaps clouding, your reasoning and judgement.

The young man that attacked the synagogue this weekend was a straight A student.  He did not care.  His own emotions and thoughts overrode what his education taught him and that is the bottom line in most of these tragedies.  They know what they are doing, they know the consequences of their actions, THEY DO NOT CARE..  The end goal is all that is important.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Valued Contributor

@cherry  you are right when you say people have changed. Not only people, but society has changed. So many people today call good evil and evil good.

Mother Teresa was on to something and knew what she was talking about at the 1994 National Prayer Breakfast.

Trusted Contributor

Shooter Identified as 22-Year-Old Trystan Terrell.

Respected Contributor

Another angry angry man and his gun.  A toxic deadly combination 

Honored Contributor

Our local news said he was a student.

My prayers are with the families who lost a loved one, and the ones who are recovering.

DS is starting finals at a large university far from us. I can't help but worry. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@cherry wrote:

@QueenDanceALot  it is the mix that is different. In churches ,and elementary level education you have a mix of people. They might not have had  the opportunity for  higher learning, and some might not had had much educational opportunity at all

Education is supposed to teach you how to think and reason. At university level all of the people attending are at least at a certain  level of education. I would expect  a different mindset  from people who are smart enough to understand the dangers of guns. They can read statistics and how guns just perpetuate violence

The people involved in the homicide  my daughter was witness to, were not outsiders,  they were students

There is no correlation between education level and gun violence.

One can have a Ph.D. and still go on a shooting rampage.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@NicksmomESQ wrote:

We are the only civilized country that refuses to address the obvious!! 

@NicksMom 

And the obvious is?

hckynut

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

Sorry @cherry ,

Guns are less dangerous than motor vehicles. It isn't  what is used, it is the human using it.

hckynut

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

It’s not the inanimate object, it’s the human.

It's the human with access to the inanimate object.

@QueenDanceALot ,

And it is so much easier to get a license to drive a motor vehicle than it is to get a CCW permit. Gotta renew my Drivers License this month and I know, even at my advanced age, for me it will be very easy.

hckynut

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

@sidsmom wrote:

@Malcontent wrote:

It’s not the inanimate object, it’s the human.

It’s really the bullet.

No reason why anyone would need a bullet.

@sidsmom 

Anyone?  A pretty broad statement.

hckynut

hckynut(john)