Respected Contributor

Re: Shooting at Bronx, NY Hospital

So sad. Like I was just saying to DH, it doesn't seem to matter what your level of education, gender, race, etc., people go off for reasons unknown. Smiley Sad 

I promise to remind myself every day that I am strong, courageous, and resilient.
Honored Contributor

BIL, a doctor, says he would not be surprised if the guy was facing charges of some sort and the doctors he targeted either reported him and/or were going to testify against him. 

That began an interesting conversation about physicians and policing each other: risks, stigma, etc.

Esteemed Contributor

I live in NYC, so this story has been on every channel.  Supposedly he was let  go two years ago because he harassed another employee.   He hid the rifle under his lab coat and walked in as if he belonged there.  Don't know what kind of security they have at this hospital, but any hospital I have visited recently, there was no security.  I just walked right in and got on an elevator.  Not good in this day and age.

They just said on the news, that he went back looking for other doctors.

So sad.

Esteemed Contributor

The man was a loon in my opinion.  He was let go due to se*ual harassment charges.  He'd been accused prior to being hired on at the hospital as well.  He was let go and maybe he held a grudge. 

I thought (HA) all doctors took an oath - "Do No Harm". 

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Respected Contributor

I just read that he had a history of molesting women and that was why he was going to be fired so he quit.  The shocking part was that the hospital said they did not know this when he was hired.   They don't do a background check to see if he has any arrests etc?

Now that is shocking.

Esteemed Contributor

@chiclet wrote:

I just read that he had a history of molesting women and that was why he was going to be fired so he quit.  The shocking part was that the hospital said they did not know this when he was hired.   They don't do a background check to see if he has any arrests etc?

Now that is shocking.

He did have a record but it was not a felony record as the woosey judges would lower the charges to misdemenors.  The hospitals did check but his crimes weren't on the checks they made. 

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust