Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

Re: Shooting Near El Paso, Texas Mall

@bathina wrote:
Leave it to some editorialists to try to figure out a way to downplay our shooting problem. Changing the shooting incidents to translate into how many are shot per million is asinine. Any jerk can try to skew numbers to fit their agenda, but the fact is no other country has the number of incidences of mass shooting like we do.

Your post proves my point.

Thank you.

Respected Contributor

@golding76 wrote:

Must we be the worst before we try to protect our own?

That does not make sense.

Unfortunately, I think we hit that unenviable goal some time ago.

...and no, it makes no sense.

One more thing. It is insulting and nothing more than a dog whistle to accuse people who see a need for change in this country of being USA bashers.  Those who love this country more want to see positive change.  That is what being a responsible and patriotic citizen means.

Respected Contributor

Good God, I hadn't even thought about the migrant camp or Beto.
Esteemed Contributor

I have a feeling that the shooters of today are not doing it hoping to become "famous" or "infamous".

I have a feeling that they don't care about that any more.

Those days are over.

Can anybody here name the last five mass shooters, without looking it up?

I know that I can't.

The last ones that I can name was Harris and Kleibold.

People are just plain angry, and they want others to feel as bad as they do.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Esteemed Contributor

To get some insight into the why of some of these shootings all one has to do is look at this thread.  Dog with a bone.

With today's mass shootings looking to the past or other countries is of no benefit and is a distraction for the problem and situation at hand.

El Paso LE has said there were 18 fatalities.  The perpetrator walked into the store wearing ear and eye protection and used a Kalashnikov, a gas-operated, 7.62×39mm assault rifle, developed in the Soviet Union by Mikhail Kalashnikov.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Valued Contributor

All of these shootings will STOP! for good. When we all hear the Final Trumpet blow from Above. Meanwhile just remember we don't live in Mr. Rogers neighborhood. And the devil walks to and fro seeking who he can devour. Plus recruit people to do his evil deeds bottom line.

QVC Customer Care

This thread has been closed for further commenting since it has become too argumentative.