Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Re: Shooting Near El Paso, Texas Mall

Yes, please give us a list. We've had 3 just this week. Enlighten is to the other countries with mass shootings. Please.
Honored Contributor

@alarmclock wrote:

@JaneMarple wrote:

I don't understand any of this, when is it going to stop? Woman Frustrated Woman Sad

Shootings happen because people want to be heard.  They feel invisible.  When it is really boiled all the way down, it has nothing to do with race or politics.  The reason rests with that one person and their desire to feel validated.

It will stop when people start raising their kids better.  They have no sense of self and they have been raised to feel entitled.  This is not a finger pointing at younger people either.

There are plenty of older people that were not raised right.  They are the ones raising more of the same.

@alarmclock 

There are MANY opinions as to why. 

Time we address the over arching HOW.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Trusted Contributor

@Ms tyrion2 wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

The issue stems from mentally unstable/ sick  people allowed to be loose in society...and the easy access to guns.  Guns do not kill....people  kill.

People with guns kill.

It is no longer an  issue of blaming mental illness for every act of violence.  There is an epidemic of hate escalating in this country. It needs to be called out and called what it is. Terrorism. Not mental illness.  Terrorism.

Hatred has existed since man has existed.

Now, we have a 24-hour news cycle that celebrates it.

You just think there has been an escalation.  No.  You just hear about it more.

Honored Contributor

How soon before this horror is just relegated to the pack of atrocities that are happening now on an increasingly frequent basis?

12 hours?  24?

Respected Contributor

@alarmclock wrote:

@Ms tyrion2 wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

The issue stems from mentally unstable/ sick  people allowed to be loose in society...and the easy access to guns.  Guns do not kill....people  kill.

People with guns kill.

It is no longer an  issue of blaming mental illness for every act of violence.  There is an epidemic of hate escalating in this country. It needs to be called out and called what it is. Terrorism. Not mental illness.  Terrorism.

Sorry.

You are just wrong.

There has been an  escalation in hate crimes over the past decade.  

It is time to stop trying to explain it away.

Respected Contributor

Agree that assault weapons should be banned.  (Again, and permanently)

Enough.

Respected Contributor

KittyLouWhoToo, by Wednesday it will be gone. Nothing will be done federally except thoughts and prayers.
Trusted Contributor

@Mersha wrote:

Another day and more lethal gun violence. 

There is mental illness in every country and yet most of these shootings happen here.  I wonder why that is?

Texans love their guns and have liberal "carrying" laws.  I wonder if a "good" guy with a gun in that horrible rampage was able to try and take down the shooter????  I always hear that is the way things are to be in these situations and why everyone wants their guns on them.

Even in places with open carry, you still have soft targets - places that prohibit legally permitted guns to be on the premises.

Here's the thing:  Sickos know that law-abiding gun owners will not break the law and bring their gun.   

That creates east targets because you know no one will challenge you.

Respected Contributor

I'm still waiting for the list of all those other countries with a mass shooting problem. I'm patient though.
Honored Contributor

@alarmclock wrote:

@Ms tyrion2 wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

People with guns kill.

@alarmclock 

We've had mass shootings going on in this country on an almost daily basis before the news reported it?

SMH.