Respected Contributor

Re: Shooting - Las Vegas Strip

@Plaid Pants2 wrote:

@esmerelda wrote:
I just learned of this through breaking news. ISIS shooter. 40 (50?) dead, 100 wounded.

@esmerelda

Who? The Las Vegas shooter, or a seperate incident?

And exactly where is she getting her breaking news from?

Esteemed Contributor

No evidence whatsoever that this guy had anything to,do with ISIS.  

Honored Contributor

As usual, the facts will slowly be established, sometimes trickling out and sometimes coming in a flood.

We should stick to them.  It is a fact, according to the Associated Press, that ISIS is claiming responsibility, and claiming that this individual was a convert.  However, they provided no evidence of that al all.  They could easily be jumping on this opportunistically, like the evil organization that they are.  But again, the A.P. said they have no proof of that.

A horrendous act.  Praying for victiims and families, and kudos to the extraodinary first responders and SWAT teams in Las Vegas.

Honored Contributor

I got a hysterical phone call this morning from my best friend.  Her child was there at that concert when this happened.  My BFF had no idea any of this had even happened until that text from her daughter.  She said people were getting shot everywhere and there was blood everywhere.  She can hardly wait to come home.

Honored Contributor

When I woke up this morning and saw this on my phone, my first thought was "well, there's Vegas."  How sad is that?

My heart immediately went out to the victims and their loved ones and, honestly, to myself.  I feel sad that I have personally reached a point that I accept this as my new normal.  I've become so desensitized to it that I was just receiving confirmation of an expectation I've had for a while.   I'm not really sure what to do about that. 

I hope anyone with family or friends who are out that way are safe and my prayers go out to all who have lost a friend or family member so unnecessarily.  Heart    

Valued Contributor

Just out of curiosity, has anyone heard any of the QVC hosts acknowledge the shooting?

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Suziqzee wrote:

Just out of curiosity, has anyone heard any of the QVC hosts acknowledge the shooting?

@Suziqzee

Dan Wheeler did on his facebook page.

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC off topic, baiting

Respected Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

I got a hysterical phone call this morning from my best friend.  Her child was there at that concert when this happened.  My BFF had no idea any of this had even happened until that text from her daughter.  She said people were getting shot everywhere and there was blood everywhere.  She can hardly wait to come home.

Oh, that's awful. 

Smiley Sad

Valued Contributor

@Plaid Pants2 wrote:

@Suziqzee wrote:

@Suziqzee

Dan Wheeler did on his facebook page.

Thank you, Plaid Pants2. I'm glad he did that, at least.

I kind of wish they would say something on the air, though.