Trusted Contributor

Re: Shooting At Super Bowl Parade

[ Edited ]

Kansas City Police Chief Stacey Graves said that more than 800 law enforcement officers were at the parade and rally.

“The fear of becoming old is born of the recognition that one is not living now the life that one wishes. It is equivalent to a sense of abusing the present.” Susan Sontag
Respected Contributor

@paixmcdao   That is a staggering fact.

Not one of them was able to determine location of shooter and get a shot off to stop the carnage.

I understand the police have "3 persons of interest" in custody.

"Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." BF
Valued Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21 wrote:

Personally I think mass murder is of far more significance than shoplifting. Don't think too many mass murderers are treated with kid gloves. But just another attempt at deflection.

I doubt these are first time criminals -

Honored Contributor

This feels gang-related. Video of the three people arrested show young males. Most of the victims were young. I get the vibe that two rival gangs met up, an altercation broke out, and things escalated from there. Possibly with both groups opening fire.

There are a lot of other possibilities also, but my gut says it was gang related. We'll find out in the coming days. Kudos to the heroes who chased down and captured one of the suspects and held him until the police could arrive.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

Kansas City doesn’t have the best reputation as far as crime and gangs, for quite a long time. I have family in MO.

Too early to say what was behind this.
Trusted Contributor

@bikerbabe  It also sounds like it's open carry in that state where even kids can open carry.  

Trusted Contributor

Lisa Lopez-Galvan, a Johnson County mother of two and beloved disc jockey in Kansas City, was confirmed killed in the shooting at the end of the Kansas City Chiefs Super Bowl parade celebration Wednesday.

“The fear of becoming old is born of the recognition that one is not living now the life that one wishes. It is equivalent to a sense of abusing the present.” Susan Sontag
Honored Contributor

@colleena wrote:

@bikerbabe  It also sounds like it's open carry in that state where even kids can open carry.  

Gee could that possibly be a problem? 

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Honored Contributor

@bikerbabe wrote:
Kansas City doesn’t have the best reputation as far as crime and gangs, for quite a long time. I have family in MO.

Too early to say what was behind this.

There are maps of KC showing which gangs own which neighborhoods. Something like a Super Bowl parade would pull people from their turf onto rival's turf and all heck breaks loose. It may not be the case, but my gut says it was gang-related. We'll learn more later, but that's the vibe I'm getting.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

Could have been people who did it because it's the anniversary of the Parkland mass murders, there are people who do things like that.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"