Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: Shooting At San Francsco UPS Building

There may be more victims.  A report just came in from SF General Hospital, Zuckerberg Trauma Center, that doctors are outside at the ambulance entrance, waiting for others to come in.

They are not sure what this is about.  Could be something not related.

Respected Contributor

@Noel7 wrote:

@catwhisperer wrote:

Way too much craziness going on. I went to TJ's early this morning and ran into police activity. SMH.

Smiley Surprised

I'm glad you're OK @catwhisperer

@Noel7...I'm fine, thanks. Whenever I get near a situation like that, I hightail it out of there as fast as I can. DH is watching the SF incident on FOX news right now. Still an active shooter. Scary.

I promise to remind myself every day that I am strong, courageous, and resilient.
Respected Contributor

@Noel7 wrote:

UPDATE:

Reportedly one driver shooting at another and then randomly shooting at others.  One down is the shooter.

Other UPS employees on the roof, arms up and waving to police.

Shelter in place order for nearby residents.

I never ever trust the news while it's happening or right after.  I wait until all the facts come out.  It's ridiculous following the media.  When they say, "it's been reported" you need to stop and think who was the eye witness who reported this?

Honored Contributor

@catwhisperer wrote:

@Noel7 wrote:

@catwhisperer wrote:

Way too much craziness going on. I went to TJ's early this morning and ran into police activity. SMH.

Smiley Surprised

I'm glad you're OK @catwhisperer

@Noel7...I'm fine, thanks. Whenever I get near a situation like that, I hightail it out of there as fast as I can. DH is watching the SF incident on FOX news right now. Still an active shooter. Scary.

Thanks for letting me know, @catwhisperer

Our local ABC must be going nuts trying to cover all the news.  They did a good job this morning, I was up at 6:30 am and they had already been on for a long time reporting the shooting at the baseball field.  Now they have the local shooting, also.

Honored Contributor

@GSPgirl wrote:

@Noel7 wrote:

UPDATE:

Reportedly one driver shooting at another and then randomly shooting at others.  One down is the shooter.

Other UPS employees on the roof, arms up and waving to police.

Shelter in place order for nearby residents.

I never ever trust the news while it's happening or right after.  I wait until all the facts come out.  It's ridiculous following the media.  When they say, "it's been reported" you need to stop and think who was the eye witness who reported this?

@GSPgirl

The report came from the police at the site of the shooting.

Trusted Contributor

I can't find this on any tv news.  They are talking about the Virginia shooting.    All these shootings are scary and terrible.

Esteemed Contributor

Sounds like it could be gang related/road rage. 

I'm sorry for all those who let anger get the best of them and go out and do such awful things.

Do any of our fallen troops get as much attention by the media? 

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

@SaRina wrote:

Hopefully, with this type of attack occurring too close to home today, some will re-think trying other strategies.

The killings of children ,did not make people see ,and change laws,i doubt this will.

Well one of todays shootings included politicians maybe something will change.  It is a shame that the killing of children did not move congress to do anything.

Honored Contributor

Re: Who reported?

San Francisco has a city-wide alert system from police, firefighters and city government.

Alerts come from officials by way of email, twitter and phone if necessary.  They are people we can trust who also let our local reporters know when messages have to go out. 

They also alert us to shelter in place when necessary or when and where there is an active shooter.

I just happened to have ABC on tv at the time they broke in with the alert from the police.

Honored Contributor

@Puzzle Piece wrote:

Sounds like it could be gang related/road rage. 

I'm sorry for all those who let anger get the best of them and go out and do such awful things.

Do any of our fallen troops get as much attention by the media? 

Hi @Puzzle Piece

The shooter was a UPS delivery person, targeting another employee.  After shooting that person, he seemed to aim at anyone else around.