Esteemed Contributor

Shooting At Gilroy Garlic Festival !!!!!!!!!

[ Edited ]

Details are sparse.

No info on if the shooter has been caught.

No info on injuries or fatalities.

JUST came across the wire on CNN.

Live stream on KPIX and KRON both Bay Area News Stations.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Shooting At Gilroy Garlic Festival !!!!!!!!!

From KTVU News which is in Oakland, Ca.

<pGILROY, Calif. (KTVU) - A shooting has been reported at the Gilroy Garlic Festival Sunday evening, according to Gilroy police. The Gilroy Garlic Festival is a nationally known three-day event that attracts thousands of garlic lovers.

Agents from the federal Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives are responding to the scene of a shooting.

The Garlic Festival was in its third and final day at Christmas Hill Park in Gilroy.

There are reports of multiple victims and possible fatalities. A hospital official confirmed receiving five patients from the Garlic Festival shooting, according to a report by the Associated Press.

>  Santa Clara Valley Medical Center spokeswoman Joy Alexiou says the hospital has received two victims from the shooting and expects three more. She had no information on their conditions. Gavilan College is serving as a reunification area for patrons of the Gilroy Garlic Festival.

Respected Contributor

Sickening.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Anonymous032819 i am here in Gilroy.   and the sounds of sirens and helicopters can be heard. i live about a mile from festival, my daughters live right next to it.  this is a small town, about 52,000. we have a vast amount of land , but the actual City is about 6 square miles.  or used to be.   most citizen are  long timers like me.  the money from the festival all goes to charity after cost are paid. it is a family event, as all the workers are volunteers who live herein Gilroy, middle school up. usually about 170,000 attend over a 3 day period.

16 shot, 3 dead. i am so nervous as I didn't work this year due to health, but all my friends do.  gourmet alley was the main target.  that is where food is served run by volunteers in gilroy. there are many for profit vendors. but Gourmet Alley is strictly charity. we  sells pesto, scampi, garlic bread, pepper steak sandwiches, etc.   cheer teams, school sports, school clubs, lions club, rotory club and many groups depend on money from event to help with programs.

i do know at this point a  gunman and possibly an accomplice was seen  coming out of the hill adjacent to gourmet alley, and beer booths and wine booths. He just fired,  not sure where he went or what was done.  a manhunt is on now and all communities around hereare participating.

Valued Contributor

People just having a good time. 

Terrible!

“We should be too big to take offense and too noble to give it.” Abraham Lincoln
Frequent Contributor

This is a sad situation that these things happen to innocent people.  God Bless and pray for those families involved.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@shoekitty wrote:

@Anonymous032819 i am here and the sounds of sirens and helicopters can be heard. i live about a mile from festival, my daughters live right next to it.  this is a small town, about 52,000.  but manyare long timers like me.  the money from the festival all goes to charity after cost are paid. it is a family event, as all the workers are volunteers who live herein Gilroy, middle school up.

16 shot, 3 dead. i am so nervous as I didn't work this year due to health, but all my friends do.  gourmet alley was the main target.  that is where food is served run by volunteers in gilroy. there are many for profit vendors. but Gourmet Alley is strictly charity. we  sells pesto, scampi, garlic bread, pepper steak sandwiches, etc.   cheer teams, school sports, school clubs, lions club, rotory club and many groups depend on money from event to help with programs.

i do know at this point the gunman and an accomplice was seen  coming out of the hill adjacent to gourmet alley, and beer booths and wine booths. he just fired,  not sure where he went or what was done.  a manhunt is on now and all communities around hereare participating.

@shoekitty 

KPIX is reporting what you have just said, 3 dead, 12 injured.

On a much less important note, I have always wanted to go to the festival, and I still hope to, because I won't let this stop me. The food sounds absolutely delicious, and I envy you for being so close.

Valued Contributor

@shoekitty I pray your family and friends are all okay.

“We should be too big to take offense and too noble to give it.” Abraham Lincoln
Honored Contributor

i am listening to NBC bay area.  on my DISH , channel it is 11.  i think they broadcast out of San Jose.  my granddaughter heard some things through friends here, as soon as they are verified I would let you know.  some injured are at Saint Louise in Gilroy, others at Valley Medical. this is my take...I would think the 5 that got a ride went to Saint Louise.

Just aired, 5 dead, some transported to Stanford and OMG, a couple shot were kids.  

Honored Contributor

@Anonymous032819 

I am glad you wouldnt let this stop you.  if you come...come by my house.   it is a great event.