Respected Contributor

Re: Shooting At Gilroy Garlic Festival !!!!!!!!!

It's so sad, I will never understand how a person can do this to innocent people.  Prayers for those who are working to save those injured and for those families who are hearing about there loved ones. 

I've been to Gilroy and its a nice little town.

Just awful.  

......You look like I need a drink.....
Honored Contributor

Why are these shootings occurring... access to guns.Who would think a garlic festival could be unsafe.I am sad for the families of all of the victims.

Respected Contributor

This is heartbreaking.

I feel sick.

Honored Contributor

@dex wrote:

Why are these shootings occurring... access to guns.Who would think a garlic festival could be unsafe.I am sad for the families of all of the victims.

These things happen everywhere now.  There was shooting at a festival in NYC too.  Gone are the days when we thought such things only happened in big cities or bad neighborhoods.  I do think that the easy availablity of guns to anyone who wants one is partially at fault but it's a lack of a moral foundation and a total disregard for human life that really results in things like this.  

Regular Contributor

My family and I were going to be there until I was called in to work late Saturday night.  I was so frustrated we were unable to go until I saw the news last night.  I am a firm believer in everthing happens for a reason and I actually have my answer on this one.  Horribly sad for those in attendance.  

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

What a darling child. I don't know what has happend to civilization???

Esteemed Contributor

I know the shooter is dead, but I didn't hear if they have established a second suspect. In listening to eye witnesses this morning, the shooter was described as a slow moving, unemotional shooter who started walking in a straight line and shooting at anyone in his line of focus. There were police all over that event, and STILL this happened. He was killed before anyone could glean any information from him. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

And let's not forget all of the games children, tweens, teens, and adults are playing on their various electronic gadgets.....

Sh**ting, expl*ding, and everything else that is very noisy, in a dangerous way.

I do believe that too much of this type of self- 'brainwashing' can sometimes lead to very unemotional reality.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Respected Contributor

@ROMARY wrote:

And let's not forget all of the games children, tweens, teens, and adults are playing on their various electronic gadgets.....

Sh**ting, expl*ding, and everything else that is very noisy, in a dangerous way.

I do believe that too much of this type of self- 'brainwashing' can sometimes lead to very unemotional reality.

The Boomer generation grew up with violent westerns showing the massacre of native American people. They grew up with war movies showing death. They grew up with horrific photos of Viet Nam.  They grew up seeing beloved leaders shot dead. They grew up seeing college students mowed down by national guardsmen.

Some of this was pretend, but a lot was real life. 

No one ever said we grew up in an unemotional reality. 

I wouldn't place the blame today solely on video games.  There is a culture of hatred fermenting  here. That problem needs to be addressed.

Respected Contributor

@Ms tyrion2 wrote:

@ROMARY wrote:

The Boomer generation grew up with violent westerns showing the massacre of native American people. They grew up with war movies showing death. They grew up with horrific photos of Viet Nam.  They grew up seeing beloved leaders shot dead. They grew up seeing college students mowed down by national guardsmen.

Some of this was pretend, but a lot was real life. 

No one ever said we grew up in an unemotional reality. 

I wouldn't place the blame today solely on video games.  There is a culture of hatred fermenting  here. That problem needs to be addressed.

Beside the fact that this happens only in America and other countries also have the same violent video games, played on the same various electronic gadgets. Why isn't it happening ovwrseas?