Regular Contributor

Re: Shoes with the red bottoms

I actually have a pair of Louboutin's. They however are NOT terribly flashy like the ones posted.

They are a nice simple sling back heel that is only 3.5 inches high. Easy to walk in.

When my back problems got worse I gave most of my heels away but there is no way I will ever part with these, mainly because the price.

At the time I bought them I could easily afford them but times have gotten much tighter since. I've comtemplated selling them since I don't wear them often because of my pain but when I do have to wear heels I definitely like to wear them.

Mine are similar to this:

NMX3VVZ_mu.wdp

Honored Contributor

@JB116

Lovely!

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

Louboutin

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Respected Contributor

@SahmIam wrote:

Louboutin makes shoes in a variety of heel heights and styles: from kinky to conservative. Many in the BDSM community worship his shoes (for obvious reasons). I have a good friend who calls them her "bedroom only shoes"...I'm sure you can figure out why.

His heels have numbers as part of the name; the numbers refer to heel height. I have a few pairs, including a pair of boots...I can walk well in 4 inches without a platform; beyond that...it's not fun. Give me a platform, however, and the higher heel is no issue (many of his boots are made this way).  His 3 inch heel is loved by many who wear suits/classic dressing daily. Here's the thing though, the soles can wear out quickly so if you wear them all the time, you're also having to resole them and it isn't cheap. His designs are just.....gorgeous. 

I have other heels that I wear most of the time and break out my Louboutins for special dressing (or power dressing, depending on my need). No issue as my feet are used to heels but I don't want to wear out the soles too fast. I know quite a few who slip them on just as they get out of the car and then slip them off as soon as they are back in the car. SITC's Carrie discussed her love for Louboutins on the show many times and how they were for those who never have to walk but take a taxi from one door to the next. 

I am sure you are aware that you can send your shoes to the "approved vendor" on CL's site and they will redo the soles for you in that distinctive red for a nominal charge.

Honored Contributor

@Hoovermom  Oh yeah, I'm aware. Paying a hundred plus is not what I call nominal for repairing after wearing 3 times, lol. Also, you usually have to mail them off, it can take weeks to get them back and often....the work isn't very good. I don't mind the red being worn away but many do. My concern is fhe fact that sole is very thin (beautiful leather but thin) and I don't want THAT to wear away too quickly. At that point, It's either pay to have them re-soled due to holes or toss. (!)

I know many are shocked when they wear the shoes once and the red is already worn away; that's how it is with these shoes. They are....high maintenance, lol.

Honored Contributor

You can  just buy the red paint for leather bottom shoes, sold on Amazon, It can be used to touch up the real deal or create you own knock offs.

Honored Contributor

Louboutin

Honored Contributor

I am being practical here, I would never have a reason to own a pair of shoes like these, yeah they are great, but I have a lot other places to spend that huge of an amount of money

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

You can  just buy the red paint for leather bottom shoes, sold on Amazon, It can be used to touch up the real deal or create you own knock offs.

@Carmie

True -- and there are many brands available.  However, if I had a pair of these, my feet would never touch the ground.  I'd just float.

Honored Contributor

@just bee wrote:

@Carmie wrote:

@Carmie

True -- and there are many brands available.  However, if I had a pair of these, my feet would never touch the ground.  I'd just float.

I have only ever known one person to have a pair that were the real deal.  My niece got beautiful shoes for her wedding (she is a doctor and can afford them)  she got blisters from them and took them off as soon as she could.  She was in her bare feet at the reception.  

That was a ton of money for shoes that hurt and were only worn one time.  She sure didn’t float in them.