Honored Contributor

Re: Shoes On FFANY Show -- Who's Buying?

No not all the shoes were rejects.  There were a few that I liked but they weren't available in my size so I searched elsewhere for them and found them at full price still. 

I thought the selection this year was much better than in years past actually.  I wasn't able to pick anything up but I will keep watching the Shoe of the Day. 

Respected Contributor

All that I was in the market for was a pair of plain old Keds sneakers to wear in the boat.  I checked the inventory this morning and there was a pair that fit the bill, so I got them.  They were a very good price, as I checked other shoe sites online.

"Summer afternoon-summer afternoon; to me those have always been the two most beautiful words in the English language." ~Henry James
Honored Contributor

I happened to luck out and get the Ugg slippers.  

Honored Contributor

@brii wrote:

Me too in both colors.  Our 10 year old GD is only a half size smaller than me, so will give her the pink. (I'll have to search for something equivalent for her younger sisters)

Honored Contributor

@lulu2 wrote:

@brii wrote:

Me too in both colors.  Our 10 year old GD is only a half size smaller than me, so will give her the pink. (I'll have to search for something equivalent for her younger sisters)

I wanted both colors.  I'm hoping that another one will pop back into inventory. 

Honored Contributor

If I want to make a donation to a charity or a cause; I make a donation.  They don't have to bribe me with "stuff".  I haven't watch that event in years but my friends say the shoes are fancy "fashionista" shoes.     

Honored Contributor

I bought two pair of the UGGS slippers. One in grey one in pink to represent both of my sisters who had breast cancer. My one sister was a five year survivor until she ultimately passed. My other sister had been a ten year survivor. 

Respected Contributor

@loveschocolate wrote:

I bought two pair of the UGGS slippers. One in grey one in pink to represent both of my sisters who had breast cancer. My one sister was a five year survivor until she ultimately passed. My other sister had been a ten year survivor. 

I am so sorry for your loss. I am a 9-month survivor so I know first-hand that the misery of this disease effects everyone in the family. My brothers were so good to me (still are) and I know from your post that you are an amazing sister. I learned a lot of lessons going through this journey, and one is that we take a lot of loved ones along with us. Enjoy your comfy slippers (another thing I came to treasure--comfy clothes and feet).

Esteemed Contributor

@brii wrote:

Oh how wonderful! I love Ugg slippers in the Coquette style. I've had a new pair of them every year for the past many many many years!

What style were the slippers? I just searched and it came up with nothing in Uggs. 

Enjoy them!

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett