Reply
Honored Contributor
Posts: 8,121
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: Shocking road acceident

FYI...the NH state motto, “live free or die”, originated from the days of the American Revolution, and has nothing to do with driving laws in this state. 

Honored Contributor
Posts: 8,121
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: Shocking road acceident


@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@SeaGal wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ  Thats just crazy.  

 

IMO that saying doesnt even make sense. 


@SeaGal. It’s on their license plates. It’s a saying from some war, not sure which one.


“Some war”.  The American Revolution.  The reason why we’re not British citizens. 

Honored Contributor
Posts: 16,388
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: Shocking road acceident


@september wrote:

FYI...the NH state motto, “live free or die”, originated from the days of the American Revolution, and has nothing to do with driving laws in this state. 


@september, Still, sad that they don't have safety laws regarding helmets and seatbelts.


~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor
Posts: 8,508
Registered: ‎05-01-2010

Re: Shocking road acceident

[ Edited ]

@september wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@SeaGal wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ  Thats just crazy.  

 

IMO that saying doesnt even make sense. 


@SeaGal. It’s on their license plates. It’s a saying from some war, not sure which one.


“Some war”.  The American Revolution.  The reason why we’re not British citizens. 


@september. Oops, sorry, my mind isn’t what it used to be.  
If the license plate said ‘Give me Liberty or give me death’ I would have known the war. 

 

Honored Contributor
Posts: 8,121
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: Shocking road acceident


@suzyQ3 wrote:

@september wrote:

FYI...the NH state motto, “live free or die”, originated from the days of the American Revolution, and has nothing to do with driving laws in this state. 


@september, Still, sad that they don't have safety laws regarding helmets and seatbelts.


Anyone who chooses to take these safety measures, is free to do so.  

 

Im a CA resident, and just because we have such laws on the books, doesn’t mean everyone follows them.  I frequently read about accidents in my local papers, that mention victims of accidents, being unbelted and thrown from their cars 

Honored Contributor
Posts: 8,121
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: Shocking road acceident


@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@september wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@SeaGal wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ  Thats just crazy.  

 

IMO that saying doesnt even make sense. 


@SeaGal. It’s on their license plates. It’s a saying from some war, not sure which one.


“Some war”.  The American Revolution.  The reason why we’re not British citizens. 


@september. Oops, sorry, my mind isn’t what it used to be.  
If the license plate said ‘Give me Liberty or give me death’ I would have known the war. 

 


“Give me liberty or give me death”=“live free or die”. 

 

These patriots would have (and some did) given their lives to liberate us from British rule. 

Honored Contributor
Posts: 8,508
Registered: ‎05-01-2010

Re: Shocking road acceident


@september wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@september wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@SeaGal wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ  Thats just crazy.  

 

IMO that saying doesnt even make sense. 


@SeaGal. It’s on their license plates. It’s a saying from some war, not sure which one.


“Some war”.  The American Revolution.  The reason why we’re not British citizens. 


@september. Oops, sorry, my mind isn’t what it used to be.  
If the license plate said ‘Give me Liberty or give me death’ I would have known the war. 

 


“Give me liberty or give me death”=“live free or die”. 

 

These patriots would have (and some did) given their lives to liberate us from British rule. 


@september. Yes, thank you, I know. This didn’t start as the license plate meaning driving laws.I just stated what their plate was. And at this point, I almost wouldn’t mind British rule.

Honored Contributor
Posts: 8,121
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: Shocking road acceident

Oh, and to the OP, @Songbird1   I’m sorry your thread went off track.  And I participated. 

 

My sympathies to the victims.  What a horrid time for them and their loved ones. Whether the motorcyclists were wearing helmets or not, they weren’t at fault for the accident. 

 

I was recently involved in an accident that wasn’t my fault (I’m fine) but there has been a lot of PTSD.   And yes, I’m a resident of CA, where we have some very strict motor vehicle laws, but the at fault driver didn’t receive a single citation for numerous violations, including being uninsured.  

 

Just because a state has “laws”, doesn’t mean they enforce them.  In the end, the person who is more financially stable...pays for it. 

Valued Contributor
Posts: 504
Registered: ‎08-28-2018

Re: Shocking road acceident

Legal age to drive should be same as legal age to vote because 16 is the age where immaturity still may reside, and these youngsters have no idea of consequences, and not to text or be distracted while driving

 

Good drivers exhibit respect and 100% concentration and maturity to remain alert and drive safely respecting the law, and everyone else in their path.

Trusted Contributor
Posts: 1,678
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

Re: Shocking road acceident

silky........I totally agree with you about changing the driving age. It will never happen sadly because of money. Young drivers pay hefty hefty insurance rates and companies will never allow the rules to change using all the lobbying power they have. I personally know that a 16 year old male driver in Mass has an insurance bill of over $4000 per year.