Honored Contributor

Shocked but elated about an arrest

[ Edited ]

Karen Anne Norton. Aged 23.  By chance I saw an interview with the victim's father 4 or 5 years ago and thought this would never be solved.   It was 33 years ago.  December 1985.   Investigators had thought it was a burglary that went wrong.  I felt so badly for the victim's father.  It seemed he was the only one, refusing to let the case die. I never forgot abut it and often wondered if her death will ever find justice.  Now the victim's husband has been arrested for her murder.

She was a newlywed.  The police believe she was killed shortly after she came home from her job at J.C. Penny. 

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/newlywed-fatally-stabbed-she-got-202644685.html

It doesn't mean justice yet.  But I'm hoping it will bring an end to this.  When I saw the headline, I was praying it was about the case I had thought about for so long. 

Super Contributor

Re: Shocked but elated about an arrest

I can never, in a million years, understand how a person could kill someone they loved, or once loved.

I know nothing about the story so I'll have to look it up.

If he no longer wanted to be with his wife he should have divorced her. Maybe she had a huge life insurance policy?

I'm glad for her family that they found out who took her life. It's heart breaking enough to lose a loved one. But to know it was their spouse has to make it even worse.