Esteemed Contributor

That's just weird-delivering papers sans a shirt.

Esteemed Contributor

@Shawnie wrote:

So yesterday about 2:30 coming towards me in the bike lane was a naked top half, white, not buff man, boobs, two spare tires, over 50 peddling as fast as he could!  He was heading for a serious sunburn.  I laughed until i couldnt laugh anymore.  But since he was not working or hosting a QVC show it certainly did brighten my afternoon.  Naked and proud!

Oh my gosh, @Shawnie, this post made me laugh so hard.  I'm still chuckling about it.  LOL

Trusted Contributor

@Q4u wrote:

ROFL.... just try keeping a shirt on a guy in So. Calif...  

Or Arizona, Q

dee

Respected Contributor

I don't find the human body disgusting or shameful so a shirtless man doesn't faze me at all.  I wish that we weren't so hung up and quick to S**ualize everything so that woman could feel comfortable as well.

'I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man'.......Unknown
Honored Contributor

It all depends.  I live in the Washington D.C. metro area; on any given day you see lots of folks jogging and running through the streets, along the trails, and across the bridges.  90% or higher of the men are shirtless.  God Bless America.

There's also a large house on a corner lot just a few blocks from me.  Moderate to heavy traffic, since his street leads just one block into a major, busy street. The homeowner looks to be around 70 years old, is considerably large, and covered in white chest and back hair.  He mows his lawn in only his shorts, that he wears waaaay under his stomach, and work boots. Him, I cannot even look in the eye. 

Honored Contributor

I used to belong to a community center with an indoor pool.

I can't unsee the things I've seen.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

@reiki604 wrote:

I don't find the human body disgusting or shameful so a shirtless man doesn't faze me at all.  I wish that we weren't so hung up and quick to S**ualize everything so that woman could feel comfortable as well.

@reiki604  I don't find the human body disgusting or shameful either - you read  too much into my post.  I do find the vast majority of shirtless men to be unsightly and in poor taste.  And I do find that you misiinterpreted my post.

Respected Contributor

@reiki604 wrote:

____

@reiki604  Are you saying you think women should be topless in public as well?  If so, would you put any restrictions on this or extend it to everywhere?

Respected Contributor

Re: Shirtless Men

[ Edited ]

@Ms X wrote:

@reiki604 wrote:

____

@reiki604  Are you saying you think women should be topless in public as well?  If so, would you put any restrictions on this or extend it to everywhere?

I think it would depend on the individual. Personally, I would like the freedom on my own lawn if the attitude of those around me would be not of judgment or prurient interest, but one of disinterest and acceptance.

It is a fantasy though due to the socialization and cultural norms of this country.

'I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man'.......Unknown
Respected Contributor

Re: Shirtless Men

[ Edited ]

@reiki604 wrote:

@Ms X wrote:

@reiki604 wrote:

____

I think it would depend on the individual. Personally, I would like the freedom on my own lawn if the attitude of those around me would be not of judgment or prurient interest, but one of disinterest and acceptance.

It is a fantasy though due to the socialization and cultural norms of this country.

@reiki604  Thanks for the info.  My neighbors on both sides of my house have children ages 3-13.  Do you think it's appropriate under these circumstances?  If it depends on the individual, what restrictions, if any, should be put on female toplessness in society?  Just the beaches and people's own yards or on public streets and parks?  I would say in their own yards if they have fencing/shrubs for privacy and on nude beaches.  If someone is sunbathing nude with reasonable privacy fencing and someone sees them, it's the looker's problem because that takes effort.