Esteemed Contributor

I have not had much luck lately with QVC clothing.  In fact, I have 5 things in my office now to pack up and send back.  I will send them all together if I can fit them in one bag.  Plus two more items, that are different colors of what I am returning tomorrow are on their way to me, and will be another return.  I would not be surprised if I get the "letter" soon.

But almost my entire closet is from QVC, so I am grateful for that.  I don't enjoy shopping for clothes in the stores and detest the awful dressing rooms.  So I just figure that these returns costs are the "fee" I am paying to avoid the stores.  I have to go to the post office everyday for my company, so that is not an issue with me.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Honored Contributor

@cjm61 

Actually that is NOT correct.

We always used to get the ORIGINAL shipping and handling refunded regardless of the reason of the return.

Can't remember how many years ago they changed it, but the $3.50/$5.50 WAS refunded. 

I believe it was around the time they changed to mostly $3.50/$$5.50 standard shipping fees.

For YEARS, we were refunded our full invoice amount (and the cost of the return mailing IF defecctive or error)

I always paid my own return shipping cost, but my full invoice purchased price was credited.

Esteemed Contributor

@SC going broke 

Time for you to catch up with the national news. Unless you don't drive an internal combustion powered motor vehicle, and walk or bike every where you go? 

That would be a good place to start reading. Not too many EV vehicles in the USPS/FedX/UPS or Amazon fleets. That will be long after my years on earth are up. I have several decades past my birthday #56.

hckynut(john)🥅🏒  🇺🇸

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

What you need to add in is the fact that your merchandise takes so long to ship out.  The other companies I shop with ship out in 2 to 3 days and there are a couple of companies that ship out in one day.

I bet QVC is making big $$$ on shipping fees and shipping return fees.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@cjm61   I have never worn a top or wore some shoes for a few daya and then return.  If I try on the top I know then and there if I like it and the same with shoes.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@SC going broke 

This is why many stopped buying clothing or shoes including me! $20 to try something on (which never fits right or cheap material) is too much wasted $$$.

Incase you didn't know QVC hasn't returned shipping fees in years unless defective item.

Sometimes I scream when I get .03 return on a $14 ez pay -- sorry that's ##### -- qvc gets richer from customers returning.  No longer a customer friendly company. I now refuse to buy and find better quality, pricing with discounts/sales at other retailers.

I've had enough🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬

Esteemed Contributor

An FYI just for this thread

I placed an order very late Saturday Night. I received it today, Monday Afternoon from amazon. Hard to beat that service. Full disclosure. I am a Prime Member.

hckynut  🇺🇸

hckynut(john)
Trusted Contributor

@RespectLife Correct, as you mentioned you still had to pay shipping to return. I rarely returned anything, and in those days the shipping rate was much higher, but I still had to pay shipping to return. I was never reimbursed shipping, perhaps it depended on the item purchased. At that time I had never returned a jewelry or cosmetic item. Maybe on those items you received your shipping back. I returned that infrared item they offered over and over and it didn't work and I was not refunded shipping. In those days they did not have their website and therefore, no reviews to read. 

Honored Contributor

@cjm61 

You should have!!

Defects always got full refunds.

Trusted Contributor

@RespectLife I should have said defective but I didn't. I just returned stating something like "wasn't as expected". It wasn't defective just didn't work like they said it would.