Frequent Contributor

Shipping and return shipping

I have been a long time shopper on QVC but the shipping charges are getting ridiculous.I have to return an item and betwwen the shipping charges to receive the item and the return charges add up to over $10 if you use the easy return label. I don't return too many items but this return will cost me over $10 and I have nothing to show for this charge, Will have rethink my purchasing on QVC.

Respected Contributor

Re: Shipping and return shipping

@luvsshopping  I agree! The only things I order any more are brands that I am familiar with already, and that are usually consistent in sizing for me..."usually" being the operative word. Even the longtime brands are something of a crapshoot anymore, and forget trying anything new!

Respected Contributor

I agree.  I purchase very clothing on line just for this reason, unless I know I can return it locally.  

That said, I recently purchased several items from a company that someone posted about here.  I had never bought from them before, and based on some good reviews, decided to take a chance.  They were having a great sale, and I bought five items, all different as a test of the brand.

If the clothes had worked for me, they would have had a loyal customer.  But, everything was too big (I ordered the smallest size), and I sent the whole order back.  Return shipping was $13.40.  BUT I had used PayPal, and by accident, saw something saying that they will pay return shipping up to 12 times a year.  I submitted a photo of the return package, with the postage already on it, and I just got my refund!  YAY!!!!

That kind of money, just to try something on, is prohibitive.

Frequent Contributor

Vermint I agree. That is another factor why I hesitate to purchase even my tried and true designers. I have a problem with pants being too long. It can get very expensive to bring them all for alterations. I found a few that fit me perfectly in the length and was very happy but now I can't even count on them. Some are a good 2" too long and requires me to send back or have altered. I recently noticed in some measurement the length stated APPROXIMATELY, which kind of covers them. I wish HSN & QVC would go back to the way they were.

Esteemed Contributor

@luvsshopping wrote:

Vermint I agree. That is another factor why I hesitate to purchase even my tried and true designers. I have a problem with pants being too long. It can get very expensive to bring them all for alterations. I found a few that fit me perfectly in the length and was very happy but now I can't even count on them. Some are a good 2" too long and requires me to send back or have altered. I recently noticed in some measurement the length stated APPROXIMATELY, which kind of covers them. I wish HSN & QVC would go back to the way they were.

OMG really?  I have sent back pants where the inseam was longer than stated and the pants were too long for me.  If they can't get the inseam right, then what hope is there for the rest of the pants?

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead

[ Edited ]

Has anyone wondered about the online discussion with QVC that I have listed below?

I am sorry but your response is not clear.

Referencing purchases and returns.

Example: Original Purchase #1 - $3.50

Original Purchase #2 - $3.50

Original Purchase #3 - $3.50  All three items are bundled in one package, cost to the customer $10.50, but actual shipping cost is not $10.50 - so why is the S+H the same as if each item were sent separately?

Secondly - Returns

Example: Return Label #1 - $3.50

Return Label #2 - $3.50

Return Label #3 - $3.50   All three items are bundled in one package, cost to the customer $10.50, but actual shipping cost is not $10.50 - so why is the S+H the same as if each item were sent separately? - paying $3.50 for each totaling $10.50

Please clarify, as I bundle to keep costs down and yet I could send each item separately and pay the same.

QVC is bundling in an effort to keep costs down. So why isn't this practice applicable to the consumer?

On July 28, 2019 at 9:07 AM webmaster@qvcemail.com wrote:

> Thank you for emailing QVC Ramona,

>

> Each returned item will be deducted any original shipping fees.

>

> I hope this information is helpful.

>

> It has been a pleasure assisting you.  Thank you for shopping with QVC!

>

>

> Regards,

>

>

> Tamesha

> -------------- Original Text  -----------------

>

> Date  :  7/27/2019 5:36:04 PM

> Thank you.

> Can you answer a question for me. Why, when QVC bundles items for the

> customer the cost of shipping is full price for each item and in turn when I

> bundle items for return, I have to pay full shipping charge for each item  returned?

>