Honored Contributor

Re: Shipping and Handling Charges Have Gotten Ridiculous!!!

You pay s&h per item to get it to you.  That is not refunded if you return the items. You pay a flat rate return shipping fee of 6.95/8.95/etc.  Returns are based on weight, not quantity.  Return for 5 glosses is $6.95, if they are returned in the same box.  This is the price, there have been no updates.

Esteemed Contributor

Shipping/handling costs increased here - they did not tell us they were raising the charges again.

BOOHISS

Honored Contributor

@Ketra wrote:

@Marp

That particular order was not purchased on easy payments. Yes, it’s was my bad for not noticing, but it would have been nice had QVC let us know that they were raising their rates.  Especially when they charge a shipping rate of 3.50 per lip gloss and put all 5 in the same box. It’s a rip-off compared to Amazon and many other companies that give back to customers that are loyal and spend a lot of money in their store.

@Ketra

I don't understand how you expected QVC to 'let you know'.

The shipping is clearly shown on-air and is just as clear online.

Were you expecting them to send out a bulk email perhaps?  What about those who only order via phone?  Should they all have been called about the increase?  Should the operators tell everyone on a phone order?

Corporate greed has nothing to do with it.  USPS is raising their rates.  The retailers will pass that on to us.

Do not think for one second that Amazon is totally eating the cost of shipping.  It is included in the price of the item. 

Honored Contributor

@nomless wrote:

@Ketra wrote:

@cherry 

@LTT1 

I just spoke to the customer service Sup by phone as I wanted to make sure I got this right. They shipped me the 5 bare essentials lip glosses in one box and charged me 3.50 a lip gloss for shipping which totaled $17.50. I sent back the lip glosses and it cost another $17.50 + $6.95 for the shipping label. I asked her “since I’m paying the $17.50 shipping cost for the 5 products (all in one box) why does the shipping label cost so much ($6.95)?”  She said that’s the charge for weighing the item and for the label. So I just spent a total of $41.95 on shipping and handling to receive and return those lip glosses. It was worse than I first thought!  If I bought them off of Amazon shipping is guaranteed 2 day prime for free because I shop a lot there. I’m just saying, I’m not shopping any more at QVC unless it’s free shipping day or they start rewarding customers that shop a lot like other stores do. I’m not paying that crazy amount ever again!😳

@Ketra, I think you still misunderstand. You paid $17.50 to have the order shipped to you. (Extrememly high, yes, but you knew this was the charge when you placed the order.) 

This original shipping charge is not refunded when you return the items, but you are not charged this fee a second time. When returning items, you pay the label fee, in this case 6.95. So the shipping fees you paid were $17.50 + 6.95 = 24.45. Yes, that's still a lot for 5 small items. 

I agree with @nomless  she is correct in her math

The OP is misunderstanding.

I agree it is a terrible waste.  I hate that we no longer get our original shipping back.  That prohibits me from a LOT of orders.  I will not TRY anything new.

Perhaps...if they were unused and unopened @Ketra  you could have donated them to a Woman's Shelter.  Then you could have taken the FULL value as a contribution instead of taking such a loss on the original shipping and return label fee.  Just a thought for the future....

Honored Contributor

@Ketra wrote:

@SusieQ_2 wrote:

@Ketra wrote:

@SusieQ_2  Thank you for clarifying that to everyone. You explained it much better than I did.

@Ketra, you're very welcome and I hate that you had to learn this lesson the hard, or should I say, expensive way. That said, I believe @nomless was correct when adding up what your (again, very expensive) charge to return the 5 items should be.

$3.50 x 5 = $17.50 

Add $6.95 since you are able to return all five with one Q return label and the total out of pocket to return should be $24.45. If you end up paying more you need to call back and speak to someone who knows what they're doing. Somehow, someone has given you the idea that you have to pay the original shipping twice which just isn't the case. 

@SusieQ_2  It’s the same price to ship the items to your house as it is to send them back, except you have to add the price of the return label. The return label is only paying for the label itself and the weighing of the items.  If you call QVC and ask to speak to a supervisor they will confirm this.

@Ketra

@PLEASE listen to @SusieQ 2 and @nomless

They are correct.  If it is costing you more than $24.45, there is an ERROR.

You do NOT EVER pay to ship it to you and then the same amount to return.

Return shipping is the cost printed on the label ONLY.

@Contact the @mods on this board.  You need to get them involved !!!!

Whomever you spoke to on the phone....even if it was a Supervisor....is WRONG or you are misunderstanding them.

Honored Contributor

@Ketra wrote:

@nomless wrote:

@Ketra, it sounds like you still believe your shipping charge is $17.50 original shipping fee + $17.50 return shipping fee + $6.95 label fee.  That is not correct.

Your shipping charge is $17.50 original shipping fee + $6.95 label fee. You are not charged $17.50 twice.

@nomless  Yes, that’s what they charged me and I had it all confirmed by a supervisor in customer service. The label charge is a charge only for the weighing of the contents and the label itself, not for the shipping of the individual products inside the box. It’s going to be the same price to ship to your house as it is to ship back to QVC. The only difference is now you must add the label fee to the return shipping fee. Please call QVC customer service and ask to speak to a supervisor and they will confim this.  I didn’t believe it either until I spoke to the Sup.

@Ketra

NO NO!  That is NOT correct.

If it is indeed what they have done to you, it is an ERROR.  NOT policy

She was either given wrong information or is misunderstanding.

@BarbaraQVC

Would you be able to straighten this out for @Ketra ??

Thank you!!!

Esteemed Contributor

I returned an item to QVC recently, and I thought I understood the return charges, but obviously I did not....I paid 3.00 shipping when I ordered the item (fully aware of that charge)....it had to go back so I paid the $6.95 return label charge PLUS an additional 3.00 (my original shipping), so it cost me $6.00 ($3.00 each way) QVC shipping charge  + $6.95 shipping label charge!

I do not think I realized that I was responsible for paying the $3.00 shipping charge again when the item is returned...my error, I will be very careful about purchasing and I do like shopping the mall so I guess it's a good thing for me.

Honored Contributor

@momtodogs is correct.

I had to return a pair of earrings that were damaged. I paid $6.50 for shipping to me. To return, there was the $6.95 label. I contacted CS and told them I was returning the item so would I be refunded my original shipping (yes) and would I be charged the $6.95 label fee? No.

Sent it back.

My refund was exactly the SAME amount I was initially charged with including the original shipping and first easy pay. Fine, not issue, thank you QVC. A few days later,  new charge hit my QVC charge totaling $13.45. It was listed as label and shipping fee for "name and order number of returned earrings.

WTH?!

Called CS and yes indeed I was charged the label fee PLUS a shipping on the return. She credited the $13.45 to my QVC card since it was a damaged item. I'm checking daily to see that return.

This tells me that QVC IS charging not only for the label but ALSO a shipping fee when returning.

Esteemed Contributor

@SahmIam....seems like over kill to me, a lot of places have free ship....so to try on and then return if necessary a clothing item: roughly $6.00 (QVC shipping charge 2 ways)  +$6.95 return label charge =$12.95/aprox.  ...lesson learned.  I can easily drive to the mall for a day of shopping and come home with something that fits me.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@momtodogs, you are not charged $3 shipping twice. If you return the item, the original shipping fee (in this case $3) is not refunded, but you are not charged $3 again. Thus, it costs $9.95 to return something for which the original shipping was $3 and the return label fee is $6.95.

If you were charged more than that for your return, an error was made which can be easily corrected by a call to Customer Service.