Respected Contributor

Re: Shipping and Handling Charges Have Gotten Ridiculous!!!

[ Edited ]

@Ketra, it sounds like you still believe your total shipping charge is $17.50 original shipping fee + $17.50 return shipping fee + $6.95 return label fee.  That is not correct.

Your total shipping charge is $17.50 original shipping fee + $6.95 return label fee. You are not charged $17.50 twice.

The customer service person may have given you incorrect info, or more likely the two of you misunderstood the question and answer.

But still, you are correct that the shipping charge is crazy high!

Esteemed Contributor

@Ketra, I'm sorry and don't want to sound as if I'm arguing with you but whoever gave you that information is wrong. It does not cost the same to have an item sent as it does to return.

When ordering an item you pay a s&h fee...let's make it $3.50 since that's what you paid. That's the amount you pay to have the item shipped to you.

If you return the item that same $3.50 is not refunded nor is it charged again

In your case the original s&h was $17.50. Add the cost for the return shipping label ($6.95 since you can use the same one for all 5 items) and your return should be a total of $24.45. Anything above that, for you, is an overcharge.

Let's take one more simple example...one with only one item to return. Say I bought a $40 blouse with $3 s&h. With tax in CA (10%) my order would come to $47.00 (40+3+4=47). If I decide to return the blouse my total refund would be ~

$47.00 - $3.00 (s&h) = $44.00 - $6.95 (return label cost) = $37.05

So, for my $47 purchase I would get a refund of $37.05

I don't know who is giving you information that it's the same price to send it to you as it is to send it back because it's not. That information is wrong. I don't need to call customer service I've been buying, returning, and getting refunds for a very long time now. Also, I'm not saying that with any snark whatsoever. I say that because tone is so hard to convey on a message board. I don't know how else to help you with this. My only hope is that you don't pay more than you should ($24.45) as this was expensive enough for you as it is. I wish you the best with this. 

*I increased the font size because this post was so long and I thought it would be easier on the eyes. Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@Ketra: I absolutely agree with you in reference to QVC charging separate S&H fees for items in the same package. Just doesn't seem right. BUT...I can't help but wonder why you went ahead and purchased the items anyway, knowing the S&H was $17.95!?!?!?!? Smiley Surprised

Trusted Contributor

@nomless wrote:

@Ketra, it sounds like you still believe your shipping charge is $17.50 original shipping fee + $17.50 return shipping fee + $6.95 label fee.  That is not correct.

Your shipping charge is $17.50 original shipping fee + $6.95 label fee. You are not charged $17.50 twice.

@nomless  Yes, that’s what they charged me and I had it all confirmed by a supervisor in customer service. The label charge is a charge only for the weighing of the contents and the label itself, not for the shipping of the individual products inside the box. It’s going to be the same price to ship to your house as it is to ship back to QVC. The only difference is now you must add the label fee to the return shipping fee. Please call QVC customer service and ask to speak to a supervisor and they will confim this.  I didn’t believe it either until I spoke to the Sup.

Trusted Contributor

@Diva on The Q wrote:

@Ketra: I absolutely agree with you in reference to QVC charging separate S&H fees for items in the same package. Just doesn't seem right. BUT...I can't help but wonder why you went ahead and purchased the items anyway, knowing the S&H was $17.95!?!?!?!? Smiley Surprised

@Diva on The Q   Because I really wanted those items (particular colors hard to find) and I had no intention of shipping them back. I then found out they contain chemicals that I shouldn’t be exposed to with my autoimmune disease so back they went. 

Honored Contributor

@Ketra.  QVC raised their rates because both UPS and the USPS raised or will raise their rates.  The shipping and handling cost is on every item on the air and on each item description so there's no excuse for any customer being unaware of it.  If you had not opened your package, you could have refused it and sent it back at no cost to you.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@SusieQ_2 wrote:

@Bri369 Original shipping costs are not refunded with returns and are added to the cost of the Q return label. Ex: an item with $3.00 s&h will cost a total of $9.95 to return ($3.00 + $6.95).

For those wondering about the cost of the return labels.

From the Q website ~

How much does it cost to use the Q Return Label?

Q Return Label fees are deducted from your refund and are based on the original weight of your item in its original packaging. Q Return Label costs are subject to change at any time, without prior notification. Restrictions and limitations may apply.

0 to 5 lbs: $6.95

5.01 to 10 lbs: $8.95

10.01 to 150 lbs: $10.95

How do I return multiple items with one return label?

We want to keep the return process as easy as possible!

You can return as many of the items that arrived together in one box with the one return label you received, and you'll only be charged for one return label fee.

• To return items from different shipments at one time, you can use one box and one return label as well.
  • To print a replacement return label, go to the Order Status page on QVC.com.

They don't charge you twice for original shipping.  They charge you for shipping one time.  They do not refund your shipping when you send it back.  If you use their label, that amount is deducted from your refund.

Esteemed Contributor

@Bri369 wrote:

@SusieQ_2 wrote:

@Bri369 Original shipping costs are not refunded with returns and are added to the cost of the Q return label. Ex: an item with $3.00 s&h will cost a total of $9.95 to return ($3.00 + $6.95).

For those wondering about the cost of the return labels.

From the Q website ~

How much does it cost to use the Q Return Label?

Q Return Label fees are deducted from your refund and are based on the original weight of your item in its original packaging. Q Return Label costs are subject to change at any time, without prior notification. Restrictions and limitations may apply.

0 to 5 lbs: $6.95

5.01 to 10 lbs: $8.95

10.01 to 150 lbs: $10.95

How do I return multiple items with one return label?

We want to keep the return process as easy as possible!

You can return as many of the items that arrived together in one box with the one return label you received, and you'll only be charged for one return label fee.

• To return items from different shipments at one time, you can use one box and one return label as well.
  • To print a replacement return label, go to the Order Status page on QVC.com.

They don't charge you twice for original shipping.  They charge you for shipping one time.  They do not refund your shipping when you send it back.  If you use their label, that amount is deducted from your refund.

Exactly correct! Smiley Happy

Regular Contributor

@Ketra i just called CS after reading this and she said there is NO .95 cent charge per  return order added on all orders......She said that you might have owed another .95 cents towards your paying the original 17.50 plus return label of 6.95..Maybe you bought on value pay?...So you owed 24.45 in shipping cost but you were short .95 cents in paying this from your total  that you had paid them so they deducted that from your card?....She said everyones refund might be different depending on what they paid and easy pay. Anyway thats how i understood it......Hope what i said makes sense!!

Honored Contributor

A few weeks before Christmas I went to shop for a gift for my friend. I was driving all around town then BAM!! I hit a pothole!! The damage was not as bad as I thought. The alignment was knocked out and cost me a hefty $250 to fix it. 

So, do I think shipping charges are too high?? That would be a big NO.