Honored Contributor

Re: Shipping and Handling Charges Have Gotten Ridiculous!!!

Respected Contributor

I still have a question - why were 5 ordered (1 box) and  returned without opening?   And especially when OP knew there would be another charge for returning?

I've read the other posters and don't see anybody asking this.

Honored Contributor

let's face shipping is not cheap, but I can't imagine why Q needs to add .95c to a return label (I can , but they shouldn't) 

Trusted Contributor

@cherry 

@LTT1 

I just spoke to the customer service Sup by phone as I wanted to make sure I got this right. They shipped me the 5 bare essentials lip glosses in one box and charged me 3.50 a lip gloss for shipping which totaled $17.50. I sent back the lip glosses and it cost another $17.50 + $6.95 for the shipping label. I asked her “since I’m paying the $17.50 shipping cost for the 5 products (all in one box) why does the shipping label cost so much ($6.95)?”  She said that’s the charge for weighing the item and for the label. So I just spent a total of $41.95 on shipping and handling to receive and return those lip glosses. It was worse than I first thought!  If I bought them off of Amazon shipping is guaranteed 2 day prime for free because I shop a lot there. I’m just saying, I’m not shopping any more at QVC unless it’s free shipping day or they start rewarding customers that shop a lot like other stores do. I’m not paying that crazy amount ever again!😳

Honored Contributor

I just want to chime in on another part of the original post. 

Just my lowly opinion of course, but I in no way whatsoever consider 6 easy payments ((or 2, 3, 4 or 5) a great deal. 

Its not a “deal”. It’s a way to incur debt and I’m just not interested in that at all. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

I think you need to do a better job reading charges, before you hit the button. I have never paid  more than the 5. 50 I paid for my husbands shoes at Q for anything,  coats , might have been a couple dollars more, but well withing reason@Ketra

I would never buy cosmetics online, to begin with. I want to be able to see the colors in person

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@cherry Thank you for the info, but I wanted specific colors which weren’t in the set😊

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Ketra wrote:

@cherry 

@LTT1 

I just spoke to the customer service Sup by phone as I wanted to make sure I got this right. They shipped me the 5 bare essentials lip glosses in one box and charged me 3.50 a lip gloss for shipping which totaled $17.50. I sent back the lip glosses and it cost another $17.50 + $6.95 for the shipping label. I asked her “since I’m paying the $17.50 shipping cost for the 5 products (all in one box) why does the shipping label cost so much ($6.95)?”  She said that’s the charge for weighing the item and for the label. So I just spent a total of $41.95 on shipping and handling to receive and return those lip glosses. It was worse than I first thought!  If I bought them off of Amazon shipping is guaranteed 2 day prime for free because I shop a lot there. I’m just saying, I’m not shopping any more at QVC unless it’s free shipping day or they start rewarding customers that shop a lot like other stores do. I’m not paying that crazy amount ever again!😳

@Ketra, I think you still misunderstand. You paid $17.50 to have the order shipped to you. (Extrememly high, yes, but you knew this was the charge when you placed the order.) 

This original shipping charge is not refunded when you return the items, but you are not charged this fee a second time. When returning items, you pay the label fee, in this case 6.95. So the shipping fees you paid were $17.50 + 6.95 = 24.45. Yes, that's still a lot for 5 small items. 

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

All the BE lip glosses that are available now ship for $3.  

I thought when you return items and you use their return lable, it's just $6.95 - not $6.95 plus all the original shipping?

Trusted Contributor

@nomless  

You can call QVC and speak to a Sup yourself. I confirmed it. Those shipping charges are separate. What I paid to ship it to my house and what I paid to return it. She confirmed the total amount. The only consolation is that I won’t ever be doing it again.