Trusted Contributor

Shipping and Handling Charges Have Gotten Ridiculous!!!

Over the holidays we customers tended to order more items than usual and thought getting 6 easy pays was such a great deal. Well, what QVC didn’t bother to tell their loyal customers was that they raised their shipping and handling by 0.50 (each way) just in time for the holidays. Example: I ordered 5 bareEssentials Buttercream Lip Glosses all in one order and paid $17.50 (3.50 x 5) to ship them standard delivery in one small box. I returned them unopened in the same box they came in having to pay another $17.50 for shipping & handling plus an additional 95 cents for the included return label. (Yes! they charge extra for that now.) It didn’t occur to QVC to tell their loyal customers that they were going to have to raise their shipping fees before we did our holiday shopping.  QVC, if you have to raise your rates at least be honest and upfront about it and let your customers know.  It’s no longer worth it for me to clothes shop (or any other shop) with you all as there is no longer any quality control regarding sizing of clothing items or how well they are made. It’s cheaper for me to go to Talbots or where ever and do my shopping so I can see the quality of the items and ensure for myself that I’m getting the size marked on the label. 

Corporate greed and shoddy workmanship are now things that QVC stands for, certainly no longer quality, value or convenience. It’s sad, I’ve enjoyed shopping on the Q since it began. However the only time in the future I will be shopping here is if I happen to luck out and see that it’s a free shipping day. I like shopping now at stores that reward loyal customers with prime shipping or discount rates after you spend a certain amount of money. I spend money in stores that “show” loyalty to their customers not just talk about it.

Honored Contributor

Re: Shipping and Handling Charges Have Gotten Ridiculous!!!

@Ketra

I’m confused!

What are you referring to in reference to $.95 for a return label?

Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

I guess the S&H shown right below the X easy payments amount is only visible to some viewers and some online shoppers.

I think it was October or November when the increases went into effect.  UPS, FedEx and USPS increases go into effect on January 1st.

The more I learn the more I realize how little I know.
Being perfect must be a heavy burden.
Honored Contributor

I always feel shipping is a bargain. It saves me loads of time ,and also gas. Just think if you had to drive,  where things were sold, how much it would cost

If you had to hire someone ,to pick up a package and deliver it, instead of using a company the cost would be astronomic

Trusted Contributor

@LTT1  I just spoke to the customer service woman today and she said when you use the pre-printed return label it’s now an extra 95 cents on top of shipping cost. I asked her when that started because I haven’t noticed it on all of my orders and she said it was sometime back. She said that I should have been charged 95 cents on all of my return orders that used the QVC return label. After paying that exorbitant amount to have five lip glosses shipped in one box I’m done with QVC except for free shipping days.

Respected Contributor

OUCH...............

Trusted Contributor

@cherry  Did you see what I paid for shipping 5 lip glosses?  I don’t know where you shop online, but a lot of places now ship for free if you shop a lot with them or purchase a certain amount on an order. Amazon, chewy.com......

Honored Contributor

I shop here frequently

Honored Contributor

@Ketra

i’m confused because the pre-printed return label states the you will pay an additional $6.95 fee to use it. 

So, it is $6.95 + $.95? This doesn’t make any sense?

Often, I return using my own label.

Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit
Trusted Contributor

@Marp

That particular order was not purchased on easy payments. Yes, it’s was my bad for not noticing, but it would have been nice had QVC let us know that they were raising their rates.  Especially when they charge a shipping rate of 3.50 per lip gloss and put all 5 in the same box. It’s a rip-off compared to Amazon and many other companies that give back to customers that are loyal and spend a lot of money in their store.