Trusted Contributor

@fthunt   Wow I'm very surprised if it was sold direct from amazon rather than a third party seller.

Wear a mask. Social distance. Be part of the solution - not part of the problem.
Esteemed Contributor

Consider it the price of the lesson.

Not bad, as long as you did learn the lesson.

Esteemed Contributor

I've been very happy with merchandise I received from China.  I usually buy silk scarves and with shipping they usually are $12 each (China has a thriving silk industry).  I would never risk more than $20 (if I lost it I 'd liveSmiley Happy.

Honored Contributor

I have purchased many things from retailers in China.  I have never had any problem and never had to return anything.

I have visited China and I know that even though Americans think they are all criminals and scam people, that is not so.  Most are very honest and want the American business.

I try to always buy online merchandise with PayPal for the protection they offer, but I have also used a CC.  I would not be hesitant to return something.  I would assume the merchant was honest until proven otherwise.

Esteemed Contributor
I did something dumb a few years ago. I saw an ad for a really cute blouse on Facebook. If I bought all four colors I would get a deal. It was like $80 for all four. The ad did not say what the material was. Well there was no stretch and they were too small. I contacted the company and had to send them back to Portugal! Cost me $35 in shipping. I did get credit for the blouses. But here is the funny part. Weeks, maybe even months, later the blouses were sent back as undeliverable, even though I used the addeess they gave me. I contacted the company again and they just said to keep them, I gave them to my DIL and have no idea if she kept or donated them. Too much hassle and never again will I do that. I do have my complaints about QVC, but experiences like that remind me that QVC does a pretty good job and I am very comfortable with how they do business.
Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Esteemed Contributor

@Carmie :I too have been to China several times and found the people to be industrious and honest.  There was merchandise at all price points.  In addition, I have lived in Okinawa and Korea and understand that they are not much different than us when it comes to commerce (range from great to sub par).  The posters who paint Asia with a broad brush are wrong IMHO.

Honored Contributor

Re: Shipping U.S. to China

[ Edited ]

I would just walk away.  Cut your loses.

We've all paid 'tuition' to the School of Hard Knocks!

Shopping abroad takes so much time, at the very least.

With the return & reshipment...you could be looking at

receiving the replacement 1-2 months from now.