Super Contributor

Shipping RETURNS with carrier of your choice...

For those who use a different method for returns other than the QVC return label, have you found that your returns are processed more quickly? I am not talking about arriving at QVC, but the processing time. I have at least 3 different returns sitting at QVC, and have another return to send back. Wondering if that is a better and faster route to go.

Also, I saw in a post that a customer used a different carrier and crossed out the bar code so they wouldn't be charged for the fees...can someone advise to which bar code they were referring? I saw that some still get charged fees even when using their own shipping carrier and I want to avoid that!

Thanks!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Shipping RETURNS with carrier of your choice...

[ Edited ]

1000% yes.

My company gets a phenomenal FedEx rate so I use that. Processed immediately, including me seeing the refund. Literally on the day of receipt or a couple days after. For the longest time, I never understood people who posted on it taking such a long time until I had to return one thing and just decided to use their postage. An incredible difference.

Super Contributor

@Alter Ego wrote:

1000% yes.

My company gets a phenomenal FedEx rate so I use that. Processed immediately, including me seeing the refund. Literally on the day of receipt or a couple days after. For the longest time, I never understood people who posted on it taking such a long time until I had to return one thing and just decided to use their postage. An incredible difference.

Good to know - thanks!

Honored Contributor

I've never had an issue with using the prepaid label.  I take my item to the post office, get a receipt and I can track it from that.  Once I know the item is back at the warehouse, I give it maybe 10 days.  If no refund appears after that, I contact the CS reps to get it issued.  (They can look at the tracking to know the item has been received.)

For those who can use a company rate, that's great; but individuals will likely find that the amount they have to pay is a lot more than the prepaid label.  Also, the prepaid includes insurance and I wouldn't risk sending anything back uninsured, especially now.

And, if it's a defective return and you pay yourself, you have to get that reimbursed.

JMO, I use the prepaid.

QVC Customer Care

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@MM13 

NO NO NO it's not any faster. It used to be. I always used my own return label printed online from USPS or UPS. My return was processed really quick.

Last return I made was a nightmare. It was suppose to be Priority 3 day shipping with USPS but how they process the return with these type labels has changed. My order finally made it to the warehouse where it sits until Q has a truck pick up a load to take in to process while the rest sits in this warehouse. The man I talked to there told me I would have to call QVC for my refund as he had no idea how long it would be before the return would be picked up & processed??? BS

I'm not buying anything else from QVC. 

I have ordered from many places online & never had to deal with this. It's not due to the Pandemic this was happening before that started. The Pandemic is not an excuse for QVC.

Super Contributor

@Venezia wrote:

I've never had an issue with using the prepaid label.  I take my item to the post office, get a receipt and I can track it from that.  Once I know the item is back at the warehouse, I give it maybe 10 days.  If no refund appears after that, I contact the CS reps to get it issued.  (They can look at the tracking to know the item has been received.)

For those who can use a company rate, that's great; but individuals will likely find that the amount they have to pay is a lot more than the prepaid label.  Also, the prepaid includes insurance and I wouldn't risk sending anything back uninsured, especially now.

And, if it's a defective return and you pay yourself, you have to get that reimbursed.

JMO, I use the prepaid.

Thanks for the feedback!

Super Contributor

@Nightowlz wrote:

@MM13 

NO NO NO it's not any faster. It used to be. I always used my own return label printed online from USPS or UPS. My return was processed really quick.

Last return I made was a nightmare. It was suppose to be Priority 3 day shipping with USPS but how they process the return with these type labels has changed. My order finally made it to the warehouse where it sits until Q has a truck pick up a load to take in to process while the rest sits in this warehouse. The man I talked to there told me I would have to call QVC for my refund as he had no idea how long it would be before the return would be picked up & processed??? BS

I'm not buying anything else from QVC. 

I have ordered from many places online & never had to deal with this. It's not due to the Pandemic this was happening before that started. The Pandemic is not an excuse for QVC.

Thanks for sharing your experiences...seems like you can't win either way!

Valued Contributor

Recently  used  UPS AND USPS to send back to  HSN,, 2 different items   one was under the 90 day return  that was a prepaid UPS LABEL sent to me for the product return ,from HSN within 5 days email showed received  and refund given,plus a recorded call  from HSN saying package returned and refund given.

Next time was a pair of sandals I decided to use label  "YOU RETURN IT"  as thought it would be less then what was going to be charged using their label it  was.

Decided to use USPS mailed it off this  Tueday by today Friday  showing  received and refund was issued.

Think  HSN  really have improve their customer service over the years even with a pandemic