Esteemed Contributor

Re: Shipping: Its not just Q

I've been fairly lucky with receiving my orders in a reasonable time period, other places, not ordering much on the Q.   I agree shopping needs to be done early this year for sure.

I don't do a lot of holiday shopping as I have no grandchildren and basically give my adult kids gift cards and other smaller items.  I did order some Beekman gift sets on HSN as the shipping was free and they come in nice tins and boxes.  That will be a little something extra for them and me!   I did however order some Jockey T's from their website for my hubby which was shipped to me pretty quick but I had to return them as the sizing was off for some reason.   I mailed the return with their "no fee" label on October 1st, I just got an email they received it this week!!!  That's bad.

Trusted Contributor

this is a first for me with Walmart shipping.....I normally get my orders within 3 days....this time I ordered replacement pads for my shark steam mop and it will take about 2 weeks...it's because I need them now! LOL Smiley LOL

Respected Contributor

Amazon

Ll Bean

Caswell & Massey

It is the shippers. Especially USPS,  even UPS and 
Fedex ( who I thought of as the gold standard is slower

and more difficult to track).

Honored Contributor

Agreed.  Not just QVC, many companies have shipping problems.  Amazon is the only one that still ship quickly.  The original intent for Amazon was to ship goods to consumers as quickly as possible. they own their own fleet of planes and trucks. 

Honored Contributor

@debcakes wrote:

Ordered from Amazon late one evening and had it the next morning, no more than 12 hours. Amazing. 

People don't realize the original intent of Amazon is to ship as quickly as possible.  That's the real reason the company was created.

Honored Contributor

Here in NYC - packages seem to be arriving as expected - or in some cases earlier than expected.

I think the advantage is that we have a central package receiving with probably hundreds of customers ... so there are bulk deliveries sometimes several times a day from UPS, USPS, FEDEX and Amazon.

I got a QVC email that my item shipped the same day the package arrived.

Honored Contributor

@tototwo 

It wasn't Chadwick's - but on a couple of occasions I left something in my shopping cart when I saw the shipping charges ... thinking about whether it was worth it ....  next day I got an email offering free shipping.

Try it with Chadwick's - it might work.

Honored Contributor

I'm experiencing slow deliveries from Amazon, Old Navy and Anna Griffin.  Not sure if the problem is the the vendor or the carrier at this point.

Esteemed Contributor

Actually, @ALRATIBA , the day after I sent Chadwick's the email, they responded by emailing me a free-shipping code.  I tried to use it, but the sweater I'd wanted was out of stock by then.  Bummer.   

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Respected Contributor

Interesting:

I finally spoke to a supervisor at Rothy.

My order on October 14 was shipped on Oct 16 and has been setting at a Pittney Bowles (yes Pittney Bowles) mail station since Oct 18th. The supervisor said I should receive the order by Nov 2

She said because they offer free shipping, I should expect delivery to take 20 days. My cc was processed on the order date.

I guess read the fine print.