Respected Contributor

I just wanted to say that I am satisfied with the shipping costs at QVC.  I have found that shipping charges are all across the board.  I have placed an order today at Amazon and both items had free shipping.

Then I placed an order for one item from Serengeti for a pair of leggings and the shipping was $10.99.  When I order shoes from my go to shoe sites the shipping is usually $12.99.

So I feel if I want something, I'll just pay the shipping and not complain - after all I didn't have to go out and look for it.

I think the shipping from Damons & Drapers where I also shop is around $9-$12, I can't remember exactly.

Also regarding the returns shipping of $6.95 at QVC, it is usually $9.99 at least at other sites.  So all in all I'm satisfied with QVC shipping.  The time after it is shipped is a hold up on the shipper's end, not QVC's, but I do i wish items didn't stay in Preparing to Order so long.  That definitely needs to be addressed by QVC somehow.

Honored Contributor

I pay $4 a gallon for gasoline......and I take that cost into consideration when I go B&M shopping.

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

@KathyM23 

As a prime member, I prefer their zero shipping costs.

hckynut 

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

I've only once paid for shipping once on  Amazon.

Respected Contributor

@hckynut wrote:

@KathyM23 

As a prime member, I prefer their zero shipping costs.

hckynut 

Oh, you're paying for those shipping costs one way or another.  Usually Prime items cost more.

Honored Contributor

IMO one of the problems with QVC's s/h is that there is a separate charge for each item, instead of, as many retailers have, free shipping over a certain amount.  If one buys 3 tops at $30 each, that's $10.50 in shipping while spending $90.  At that point shipping should be free.  

Respected Contributor

And while some sites will say Free shipping, they also include that you have to spend a certain minimum.  I recently saw one that said free with $99 purchase.  I really have no complaints either, even with return shipping.  Like you, I went to return something through the post office once and it would have cost a small fortune.

Honored Contributor

@Desertdi wrote:

I pay $4 a gallon for gasoline......and I take that cost into consideration when I go B&M shopping.

Gas plus everything else which costs money to drive a car to begin with like insurance, wear and tear....stuff like that. I never complain about having to pay for shipping. That actually saves me money in the long run, all things considered. Around here it might even save my life by not getting killed on the road.

Respected Contributor

I almost never pay for shipping when I order online. I'm a Kohl's VIP so I make sure to order when they offer their monthly free shipping. We have Amazon Prime so that's taken care of. At other shopping sites I always have the minimum in my order to qualify for free shipping.

However, if I do have to pay a shipping charge I really don't mind too much. 

Having the convenience of having my orders delivered right to my home is invaluable to me. Traffic, crowds in stores (and in a check out line) and dealing with hot, humid weather makes for a not fun shopping experience. Plus running around and finding out the store doesn't have the item/size or color you wanted is such a waste of time.

I'd rather pay a shipping charge in return for the time it saves me running around. Plus it saves wear and tear on my old bones, LOL!

Respected Contributor

@hckynut I seldom order from Amazon so I'm not a prime member but at least I got free shipping on the items I ordered today.  We joined Prime years ago on our first order but cancelled it since I had been a year later and we hadn't ordered anything else. Amazon is not a site a visit on a regular basis.  I definitely would have Prime if I used Amazon, but it is a rare occasion for me.