Honored Contributor

IMG_4601.JPG

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

Our ports are outdated and in desperate need of overhauls plus there needs to be more incentives for drivers to become truckers and incentives to keep them from quitting.

Esteemed Contributor

@Cakers3 wrote:

IMG_4601.JPG

Now this is the problem.  No one should be selling things (no matter what they are) without having the items on hand for shipping to the customer, QVC.  

My package isn't there, because I refuse to let someone sell me something when they have no idea when they will receive it to send it to me.

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Esteemed Contributor

@On It wrote:

60 Minutes did a story on the shipping bottlenecks at the ports and along the railways. If you did not see the story, I recommend trying to find it and watch it. A lot of blame has been deflected, but clearly the system needs an intervention.

The inflation we are seeing is shipping and storage fees, not the cost of goods. One toy company had to pay a million dollars in storage fees in September. The owner said there was no way he could pay that kind of money out of pocket. The cost would have to be passed on to consumers. His containers are in Chicago at a rail yard at the bottom of a large stack of containers. He cannot get them through no fault of his own but is nevertheless being charged storage fees.

Oh so this report said that my little yogurt or other food items I buy didn't go up?  Things I buy customarily didn't go up, just the shipping went up? 

What a load....my lying eyes don't see the price increases in everything from clothing to cars!

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Honored Contributor

Inflation continues to rise with price increases across the board.

Most of it could be resolved if there was a will to do so. 

Valued Contributor

@gertrudecloset wrote:

@On It wrote:

60 Minutes did a story on the shipping bottlenecks at the ports and along the railways. If you did not see the story, I recommend trying to find it and watch it. A lot of blame has been deflected, but clearly the system needs an intervention.

The inflation we are seeing is shipping and storage fees, not the cost of goods. One toy company had to pay a million dollars in storage fees in September. The owner said there was no way he could pay that kind of money out of pocket. The cost would have to be passed on to consumers. His containers are in Chicago at a rail yard at the bottom of a large stack of containers. He cannot get them through no fault of his own but is nevertheless being charged storage fees.

Oh so this report said that my little yogurt or other food items I buy didn't go up?  Things I buy customarily didn't go up, just the shipping went up? 

What a load....my lying eyes don't see the price increases in everything from clothing to cars!

My understanding of that quote is that companies/stores have raised the price of the merchandise to cover their higher shipping and storage costs.

Honored Contributor

I would not buy anything I wanted in a timely fashion from QVC after reading about other people's experiences.  

I have not had any problems with any other online sites.  A huge rug arrived within a week.  I bought a couple of puzzles with quick delivery.  My g-son's birthday presents arrived within a few days.  A makeup order from Nordstrom seemed to arrive within hours of my order.  🤷‍♀️

Honored Contributor

Anything I've ordered from other than QVC has clearly stated before I ordered how long the expected delay would be.  Some have gotten extended beyond that, at which point I've been notified.  One order was delayed even more, but the difference between that and QVC is that I was able to cancel that other order.

Honored Contributor

@tansy wrote:

I would not buy anything I wanted in a timely fashion from QVC after reading about other people's experiences.  

I have not had any problems with any other online sites.  A huge rug arrived within a week.  I bought a couple of puzzles with quick delivery.  My g-son's birthday presents arrived within a few days.  A makeup order from Nordstrom seemed to arrive within hours of my order.  🤷‍♀️

i am a regular shopper on QVC. i have one advance order item that i knew was an advance order when i purchased. i purchased three items on 11/7......one shipped on 11/9 and the other two shipped on 11/12. i ordered an item on the 13th and it still says "preparing your order."

over the past few months my deliveries from QVC are taking anywhere from 3 - 10 days, but never longer than that.

i know that once it is out of QVCs hands it is then the responsibility of the shipper. i also know that QVC must be short staffed in many areas of their company, as many companies are. they are constantly posting job opportunities these days.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

@millieshops 

The CBS Network is not in charge of anything to do with the the supply chain issues. Did they accurately report it? Beats me, I didn't and have no desire to see/hear their interpretation of the issue.

It's strange that there are some ports around the country that are moving things pretty well! And then there are the others. It is easy to find which ones do not have 100 ships sitting in the water doing nothing but being charged for things over which they have no control.

It's been widely reported and verified by many that last month 4,000,000 workers quit their jobs. Why/How? All one need do is go back several months to get a glimpse at the how and why "help wanted" signs are everywhere.

hckynut 

hckynut(john)